Barkley Hill and James Harrington

Jridder10

Cedar Falls has two players in the class of 2012 that Iowa needs to make room for...
Barkley Hill Football-RB 2010 (Jr.)2301,7957.8262009 (So.)2381,8397.723
Not a burner but run around a 4.55 and has great vision
Barkley Hill is 6 foot and 190 lbs and has a 30 inch vertical.

James Harrington is a three sport star track,football and basketball.
He is argubly the fastest in iowa. Hes 6 foot and 170 lbs and could either play football or basketball at iowa.
JR: 31 catches and 742 yrs and 9 tds... He also was a great return man and played some defense.
For Basketball I cant seem to find any stats but he has started on varsity since his freshman year and scores roughly 20 pts per game. He has cedar falls ranked this yr and they have beat Cedar Rapids Washington and Josh Oglesby and Cedar Rapids Jefferson with utolf. He is similar to Linn Mars Marcus Paige and i think he is just as good!

ok, what about harrington, and I thought there was a big OL up there that was a young kid that has promise.

never mind on harrington, my computer didn't show that part at first.

hawkfarmer-CF has a freshman-6'4",250, that started every game this last season at one of the tackle spots. Word is that he is oustanding already.

Two of the biggest recruits in Iowa for next year. There is tons of speculation as to which sport Harrington will play at the next level. I believe Hill already has an offer from Iowa State.

Harrington is THE reason CF is in the top ten. He was brought up to varsity as a freshman point guard 6 or 8 games into the season. Prior to him joining, the team was struggling and was destined to be a mediocre team. He ended up leading them to state that first year where they lost to Linn Mar in the first round. Oh, he led them in scoring that game too. They would maybe be slightly better than average without him. He opens things up for others around him with the attention he demands.

Averaging low 20's right now, scored 34 against Mason City team with a poor record last weekend. Great ball handler with exceptional speed as mentioned above. I believe he's won the 100 and/or 200 sprints at both state and Drake Relays already. Not a great 3 point shooter but pretty good from 15-17 feet. Gets to the line often driving to the basket and converting over 80%. He can literally play keep away with the ball even when being double teamed when trying to kill time. This helps get him to the line as well.

Last I've heard is basketball is his sport of choice but who knows if the right offer came along? He does and a BB offer from Indiana State, given as a sophomore.

Last edited:
hawkfarmer-CF has a freshman-6'4",250, that started every game this last season at one of the tackle spots. Word is that he is oustanding already.
His names Ross Pierschbacher.. he won some awards he was like on the freshman all american team and is like the first freshman ever to start varsity football for cedar falls...He is huge and very strong and a good athlete!

Two of the biggest recruits in Iowa for next year. There is tons of speculation as to which sport Harrington will play at the next level. I believe Hill already has an offer from Iowa State.
Hill has had an offer from iowa state and has been to a lot of camps and there is a lot of interest in him he will most likely get a lot more offers in his senior year!

I've seen video of Hill. I consider him a must get for Iowa. Even more so than Darboh. However, getting both of them would be similar to getting Derby/Morris. Havent heard much on Harrington. Is he a Junior now?

Harrington is a stud.

He used to play with Paige and Woodbury on the Martin Bros team as an 8th grader.

He will be great at whichever sport he chooses to pursue at the next level.

I talked to Coach Mitchell Saturday evening. He said Barkley Hill was visiting Notre Dame this past weekend.

I suspect it was Junior Day in South Bend.

Harrington is the fastest iowa kid I have ever seen at the Drake Relays as a High Schooler. I've been going since the mid- 80s. A very rare talent.

He would be an INCREDIBLE addition to the WR corps ... however, he's too fast to not follow his track career to see how far it will take him. He will certainly help to upgrade the Hawkeye Track and Field team.

Latest posts