Banks/Clark Play to beat Purdue...

DunderMifflinHk

Did anyone see we ran the play where Banks turned one way then looked back to the opposite side of the field and threw it to a dragging Dallas Clark to beat Purdue. The only difference was MSU had 2 guys on Moeaki and it went incomplete. It was kinda cool though to see that play run again in a game winning situation.

yes...that is KOK's crunch time play. We seem to run every time we need a play in tight spot. We ranit in the alamo bowl against Texas. This play was successful for a td, but chandler (i believe?) was called for a hold.

We ran this play last year in a similar situation against NW. It didn't work...obviously.

If its not the exact play, its definately similar. I thought on the other plays (NW last year and UT in the alamo), the TE lined up on the left. The qb rolls to the right and looks to the right and throws back across the field. In the game last night, TM lined up on the right and dragged across. so basically the same play.

Anybody know other times this play was called that I may have missed?

yes...that is KOK's crunch time play. We seem to run every time we need a play in tight spot. We ranit in the alamo bowl against Texas. This play was successful for a td, but chandler (i believe?) was called for a hold.

We ran this play last year in a similar situation against NW. It didn't work...obviously.

If its not the exact play, its definately similar. I thought on the other plays, the TE lined up on the left. The qb rolls to the right and looks to the right and throws back across the field. In the game last night, TM lined up on the right and dragged across. so basically the same play.

Anybody know other times this play was called that I may have missed?

I believe he was called for lining up off the line of scrimmage. Had he been 6 inches further left, it's a clean play, and Iowa goes up 21-7.

So many missed opportunities in that game....

Yup..right when it happened I typed in our live in game chat that it was the Banks to Clark play. That is their money play

I didn't even realize that until you guys just pointed it out. Too bad that play didn't work. It would've made things a lot less stressful.

Yeah after they ran the play I commented to my friends that it was the same play but they were to into the game to notice at that point, haha. Tony was well covered on that play.

Latest posts