Badgers thin at Running Back?

Given Gordon's upright running style. The odds of him not getting dinged up isn't very good. He will take some shots. This could be a concern for Wisky but they're a good team and will find a way.

Gordon isn't an every down back so I think it's probably a concern. If it's a typical o-line for them they'll have some production anyway from 3rd/4th stringers.

Gordon isn't an every down back so I think it's probably a concern. If it's a typical o-line for them they'll have some production anyway from 3rd/4th stringers.

Sounds like he's getting more reps as a reciever out of the backfield to help keep him on the field and get him additional touches.

Gordon stinks he can't handle a high number of carries. He might say he can but his word is also good for nothing.

Gordon is the best back in college football. He's yet to prove that he's an every down back, but he has all the tools necessary to be one. It's not like he's undersized. The kid is an athletic freak of nature. Lets not kid ourselves here. The only way the Badgers will have depth issues is if Gordon gets banged up. As long as he's on the field they have the best back in football. I don't wish injuries on anyone, but I will say it's incredibly difficult for a RB to make it through the B10 conference schedule without getting banged up. Especially if they are getting the majority of the carries for their team. I would not be upset if Gordon is banged up when the Badgers visit I.C.

Gordon is the best back in college football. He's yet to prove that he's an every down back, but he has all the tools necessary to be one. It's not like he's undersized. The kid is an athletic freak of nature. Lets not kid ourselves here. The only way the Badgers will have depth issues is if Gordon gets banged up. As long as he's on the field they have the best back in football. I don't wish injuries on anyone, but I will say it's incredibly difficult for a RB to make it through the B10 conference schedule without getting banged up. Especially if they are getting the majority of the carries for their team. I would not be upset if Gordon is banged up when the Badgers visit I.C.

The running backs at South Carolina, Bama and Georgia may be just as good or better than Gordon. Not as explosive though.

Watched the Badger scrimmage yesterday. Gordon had limited carries, but still straight up and down going through the hole. Hes gonna get his head taken off. The whistle blew early, so he isnt getting tackled and wont be until LSU. There is no qb controversy at Wisconsin. Stave is much further ahead than the Mcevoy(sp?) kid. Really couldnt tell much else. Pretty vanilla scrimmage.

The running backs at South Carolina, Bama and Georgia may be just as good or better than Gordon. Not as explosive though.

I disagree. I don't think there's any question Gordon is the best. I realize those guys are mentioned in the same category as him, but like you said, they don't have the same kind of explosiveness. That's what separates them in my opinion. His YPC last year was ridiculous.

That Georgia RB Gurley will have a better year and get drafted higher then Gordon.. Maybe his stats won't be but he'll have a better year based on who he's doing it against all year long. Schedules matter and Georgia's schedule is brutal. Gordon has to show that he can be the man. So far he's shown that he can be a change up and run outside and out run people. He hasn't shown that he's a bell cow that can run up inside the tackles and get 4 yards when only 3 is there to be had play in and play out. Maybe he can he hasn't been asked to do it yet. Maybe Wisky won't use him that way even. But he'll have to prove it before I assume he can do it.

I agree!

Latest posts