Back me up: is Fitzgerald overrated?

No! He gets the most out of his talent! Put him at Penn State or a traditional power and watch out!

Agree with Hawkimi. Losing today, after making a big rally, all without your best player (who really makes the offense tick and keeps their defense off the field as much as possible), is pretty impressive. Can't stand the guy, but he is a damn good coach.

If Pat ever decides to go to a bigger school that can accept more talented players he will make an even bigger name for hiself. Kinda hope he hangs at NW, grew up there, played there and was eventually going to be the HC at NW before he was pushed into the position a bit early. It's nice at times to see coaches stay home.

He's good enough to beat us on a constant basis. He has taken NWestern from being the whipping child of the big ten to a team you have to respect and play very tough. IF he had persa they would of won today.

Not all. His preparation for their bowl game was tremendous. He loses his all everything QB and manages to revamp his entire offense and put two QB on the field because it gave them their best chance to win.

Probably one of the most UNDERrated coaches in football. IF KF ever wanted to go to the NFL I would take Fitz in a heartbeat.

i have a few reasons,
1. hes done less then the two prior coaches
2. he cant win a bowl game
3. his teams are undisciplined
4. hes got a losing record in the big ten
5. barely over 500 even though they play no one in pre season.

He's good enough to beat us on a constant basis. He has taken NWestern from being the whipping child of the big ten to a team you have to respect and play very tough. IF he had persa they would of won today.

not entirely accurate, M1
Cheater Barnett and the heart attack guy (can't remember his name) were the coaches who built NW up into a somewhat consistent challenger. I don't think Patty Fitzshortdick has done anything more than they did. Shoot, ol' Gary Cheater took 'em to a rose bowl.

Not all. His preparation for their bowl game was tremendous. He loses his all everything QB and manages to revamp his entire offense and put two QB on the field because it gave them their best chance to win.

Probably one of the most UNDERrated coaches in football. IF KF ever wanted to go to the NFL I would take Fitz in a heartbeat.

Agreed.

not entirely accurate, M1
Cheater Barnett and the heart attack guy (can't remember his name) were the coaches who built NW up into a somewhat consistent challenger. I don't think Patty Fitzshortdick has done anything more than they did. Shoot, ol' Gary Cheater took 'em to a rose bowl.

Should of prefaced that with in my (Short) lifetime. Wise old jedi, I'm not. ;)

Dude, you're legal. Nothing else really matters. :)

Celiacs disease. I will never be able to have a "real" beer. IF I wanted to I could buy wheat free beer but its super expensive and pretty hard to find. Designated driver for life and damnit I'm just ok with that.

I think he is probably just about right actually. I don't think he go bigger. He is a do more with less kind of coach. Bigger stage I think he would be in over his head, ala Rich Rod.

He didn't have Persa, it's Northwestern, and unfortunately, he's not overated when it comes to beating Iowa.