B1G steals another from SEC

Ha. I like that move.

I bet 'ole Bert is ******.

Biels appears to be trying to put a positive spin on it:

Bret Bielema ‏@BretBielema 2h
Very happy for former coaches that decide to move to new challenges, the respect our staff gets nationally will continue to grow.
#woopig

What do they say about putting lipstick on a pig?

Also:

Bret Bielema ‏@BretBielema 3h
Have always felt transition on my staff has allowed us to get even better. Have had success hiring right people and will again. #woopig #1-0

noticed in an article on Ash that OSU hired Larry Johnson as DL coach...........

Ash has come a long way - from the dregs of clowndome, to co-DC and secondary coach of OSU.

Awesome. Now maybe if the B10 could start stealing some of the recruits the SEC gets we wouldn't go 2-7 every year in bowl games.

Ash has strong Iowa ties. Played for Ottumwa Bulldogs and Drake Bulldogs. Good guy & has earned everything he's got.
I've hoped Iowa would take a look at him someday but that doesn't appear realistic now.

It's a good sign for the Big 10 that so many schools are willing to give out the big bucks to get the best coaches.

Biels appears to be trying to put a positive spin on it:

Bret Bielema ‏@BretBielema 2h
Very happy for former coaches that decide to move to new challenges, the respect our staff gets nationally will continue to grow.
#woopig

What do they say about putting lipstick on a pig?

Also:

Bret Bielema ‏@BretBielema 3h
Have always felt transition on my staff has allowed us to get even better. Have had success hiring right people and will again. #woopig #1-0

To Bert's defense...
He did have his coordinators poached when he was at Wisky too (Doering and Chryst {sp?}).

Kiffin went to Bama, and they also took a defensive coach from USC who followed their new coach from Washington.

To Bert's defense...
He did have his coordinators poached when he was at Wisky too (Doering and Chryst {sp?}).

The coaches were taken illegally? I wouldn't consider it poaching when he was at Wisky when they left for bigger and better things, becoming head coaches instead of being oc and dc when they knew that he'd be leaving soon. Sounds like they made smart moves.

You can't put the cart before the horse. You get better coaches and the recruits will follow.
PSU's top recruit, a 4 star DE flipped to Florida. Florida has flipped a 5 star DB (from Arizona)and 4 star RB (from Miami) as well in the past couple weeks.

Latest posts