B1G Football Declining

simpsonllp

Penn State is down 17-0 after ONE QUARTER. The daunting Penn State defense that held Iowa to just 3 points has given up 236 yards in THE FIRST QUARTER.

The B1G's best bowl win so far this year was Purdue needing two surprise on sides kicks to squeak out a win over Western Michigan.

After Penn State loses the B1G will be 1-3 with further embarrassments pending... i.e. Oregon and Georgia.

Michigan and Ohio State will be back to form soon. Wisconsin is in good shape. The Big 10 has been down recently but they will rise again

Penn State is down 17-0 after ONE QUARTER. The daunting Penn State defense that held Iowa to just 3 points has given up 236 yards in THE FIRST QUARTER.

The B1G's best bowl win so far this year was Purdue needing two surprise on sides kicks to squeak out a win over Western Michigan.

After Penn State loses the B1G will be 1-3 with further embarrassments pending... i.e. Oregon and Georgia.

:rolleyes:

Has PSU won a game since the scandal broke? This game shouldn't be that surprising.

B10 football has been down over the last 5 seasons including 2007 when OSU backed into the BCS championship game and got throttled.

I actually think the B10 is on the upswing. Michigan is good again and Ohio St will be. Ultimately they're the barometer of the B10.

It will be interesting to see if MSU & Wisconsin can stay up or if they'll fall back a bit after losing key pieces of thier teams.

One big concern I have for the conference is the same old song. Speed. Just watching mid tier teams for other conferences this bowl season like Washington, Baylor, UCLA, FSU, Texas, & Texas A&M, they look like they are just on a different level than the B10.

B10 football has been down over the last 5 seasons including 2007 when OSU backed into the BCS championship game and got throttled.

I actually think the B10 is on the upswing. Michigan is good again and Ohio St will be. Ultimately they're the barometer of the B10.

It will be interesting to see if MSU & Wisconsin can stay up or if they'll fall back a bit after losing key pieces of thier teams.

One big concern I have for the conference is the same old song. Speed. Just watching mid tier teams for other conferences this bowl season like Washington, Baylor, UCLA, FSU, Texas, & Texas A&M, they look like they are just on a different level than the B10.

UCLA? The UCLA team that an Illinois team which had just lost six straight big ten games beat? Are you talking about that UCLA team?

The big ten isn't down, they're doing fine. Houston was a top 10 team for most of the year. Nebraska is doing well against South Carolina. MSU and OSU are hanging against SEC powers.

So having speed is better than being good?

WOW.

This is kind of funny. Read my original post. Better yet I'll sum it up. I said a concern of mine is that mid tier teams from other conferences have more speed than the B10 teams do.

At no point did I say they were better or even as good as B10 teams. I simply said they have more speed which is a concern. I would think that any level headed coach would agree that team speed is important.

This is kind of funny. Read my original post. Better yet I'll sum it up. I said a concern of mine is that mid tier teams from other conferences have more speed than the B10 teams do.

At no point did I say they were better or even as good as B10 teams. I simply said they have more speed which is a concern. I would think that any level headed coach would agree that team speed is important.

Yeah, and then that "speed" got beat by a ****** Illinois team. Any level headed coach would agree that winning is more important than speed. Speed is nice, but it won't win you **** if they don't have talent/coaching.

I would have to throw Psu out of this years results given the situation. There was talk the players did not even want to go and a fight broke out that put the best QB they had out.

Keep in mind a couple of points.....
- ESPN has an interest in slamming the B1G - partial competitor
- We typically play a majority of our bowl games in the opponent's backyards
- We do not match up equitably against the other conferences because teams get moved around in the B1G pecking order due to travel, compelling matchups, etc.
- We typically have 2 entries in the BCS moving all teams up one more notch
- Have Northwestern in our bowl mix as they cannot beat anyone in a bowl game (funny how that works when they go out of conferene)

and now all big ten teams currently playing are losing. wow

Nebbie gives up a bomb to go into half. say goodbye to all the momentum

Here are two suggestions for the B1G in bowl games...

#1 - Northwestern should be sent to the Motor City Bowl until they can prove the can beat somebody

#2 - Demote Michigan St.... Has Dantonio even won a bowl game? I think he might be 0-6 and continues to get pasted

The Big Ten has by far the best and toughest bowl affiliations, and I think any Big Ten fan would agree this was a down year for the conference. Not surprising PSU is getting hammered Bolden sucks, Nebby should be way up on SC if it wasn't for the mistakes and MSU always crape the bed in bowls.

big ten has two problems.

1. the big ten has really good bowl tie ins. obviously this is a positive as far as exposure and bogarting all of new years day with B1G football goes. the draw back is that you end up getting matched up against better teams fairly often. (i.e. #3 SEC team vs. #5 B1G or something along those lines).

2. $$$$$$$ - Big ten has some teams that if they're anywhere close to the BCS bubble they're gonna get taken as an at large to a BCS game. (Michigan, tOSU, PSU, Neb). case in point is Michigan getting taken to the sugar when there were better teams that just wouldnt have traveled as well. this means more often than not there's gonna be 2 B1G teams in the BCS moving everyone in the conference up a rung in the bowl pecking order and causing unfavorable match ups for the conference.

And with the Rose bowl coming up I think Wisconsin will get circles ran around them. Only way they hang in the game is if Wilson goes off, I think Wisc will score but not enough to match Oregon. Oregon 38 Wisc 24

big ten has two problems.

1. the big ten has really good bowl tie ins. obviously this is a positive as far as exposure and bogarting all of new years day with B1G football goes. the draw back is that you end up getting matched up against better teams fairly often. (i.e. #3 SEC team vs. #5 B1G or something along those lines).

2. $$$$$$$ - Big ten has some teams that if they're anywhere close to the BCS bubble they're gonna get taken as an at large to a BCS game. (Michigan, tOSU, PSU, Neb). case in point is Michigan getting taken to the sugar when there were better teams that just wouldnt have traveled as well. this means more often than not there's gonna be 2 B1G teams in the BCS moving everyone in the conference up a rung in the bowl pecking order and causing unfavorable match ups for the conference.

You're exactly right here. This is also why the MSU/Georgia game is so disappointing so far. MSU was clearly the #2 B10 team this season (damn close to being #1) while Georgia is the #3/4 team in the SEC. Certainly behind LSU and ALA and possibly behind ARK.

The B10 finally got a matchup in which the B10 team was ranked higher in their conference than the SEC team is in theirs. Yet its 16-0 at half.

As mentioned above, MSU has a habit of crapping the bed when the calender turns to January, maybe the B10 should demote them...

Last edited:

Latest posts