B1G / ACC Challenge

mopkins

King Kong
Per BPI the ACC is the favorite to win the challenge at 54%, the Big Ten has a 24% chance to win, and there is a 22% chance it ends in a 7-7 tie

After day 1, the Big Ten is down 0-2. Maryland hung with Syracuse but couldn't pull off the win. Wisconsin looked pathetic against Virginia, losing 49-37. Brad Davison seemed to dislocate his shoulder. Went to the locker room and came back shortly after. Wisconsin is now 3-4 and all 4 losses have been against ranked opponents.

5 games tomorrow and the B1G is underdogs in at least 3 of them.

I'm guessing that the Virginia-Wisky one was not, can't imagine two teams more boring than them to watch

Score looks like it was Lickliter vs Lickliter

I am not sure if I have ever noticed this in a box score ... Virginia won a game at home by 12 and shot 0 free throws.

I am not sure if I have ever noticed this in a box score ... Virginia won a game at home by 12 and shot 0 free throws.

The entire box score is weird. Virginia shot the ball 18 more times than Wisconsin with only 2 extra turnovers and 4 extra offensive rebounds and they won by 12 (FG% was about the same).

Wow, Wisconsin only had 7 FTA too? I wish I could see stats on how many times the ball was passed. Looks like they played 40 minutes of heavily contested HORSE. Or since VA won after 23 shot makes perhaps they were playing the longer but similar version: INDISTINGUISHABLENESSES

The entire box score is weird. Virginia shot the ball 18 more times than Wisconsin with only 2 extra turnovers and 4 extra offensive rebounds and they won by 12 (FG% was about the same).

Hmm, the stats I show see show 12 more FG attempts for VA, with 5 more offensive rebounds, the free throw disparity of 7 shots to 0 is probably ~ 3 possessions with 2 less turnovers. That's about 10/12 possessions accounted for. If VA misses a shot and nobody controls the ball and Wisky tips it out, it wouldn't count as a turnover or rebound correct? I don't think that would show on the stat sheet

Last edited:
The Wisconsin game was a snooze fest. I had to actually watch the mighty Ravens battle the juggernaut Texans for awhile to cure my insomnia.

Tuesday Lines:

Iowa at VT (-8.5)
FSU at Rutgers (+4.5)
NW at GT (+2.0)
Louisville at Purdue (-8.5)
Illinois at Wake Forest (-2.0)

Kinda comical at this point. The B1G is down 6 games to 1 after 2 days.

Iowa, Illinois, NW, Rutgers all lost today...Purdue beats the Adidas off Louisville (see what I did there?)

Kinda comical at this point. The B1G is down 6 games to 1 after 2 days.

Iowa, Illinois, NW, Rutgers all lost today...Purdue beats the Adidas off Louisville (see what I did there?)

There's only been one road win so far ... Florida State at Rutgers by 5.

I thought that matchups for the B1G were awful in this one.

Our top 3 teams all played at home. You would like those teams to have a chance to go get a win on the road. Especially MSU and Purdue. Minny loss didn’t help.

Our middle of the pack teams, Michigan, Maryland, Wisconsin, NW, Iowa, Penn State, all played on the road.

Our crummy teams all played at home (Rutgers, Illinois, Nebraska) where those games are just a crapshoot because they are so bad.

Acc is undoubtedly a better league though.