B10 denies Brust's waiver

Dumb rule. The coach that recruited him was fired. Really dumb rule!

Not a dumb rule. If he goes to another big ten team, not only would Iowa lose him but he'd be their direct competition. Kind of a double whammy. I think it is a good rule.

Hope he's a hawkeye soon again.

Not a dumb rule. If he goes to another big ten team, not only would Iowa lose him but he'd be their direct competition. Kind of a double whammy. I think it is a good rule.

They should change the rule for instances when coaches are fired....but only for kids not already enrolled.

After the transfers we have had with Lick it seems a bit reckless to sign someone who clearly would prefer to play at some other schools. I think it is a good rule if there is not coaching change, but in this situation does seem a bit unfair.

I'm glad to see they did the right thing.

If he re-signs with Iowa, will our other players be o'kay with it knowing that he was looking to go elsewhere, probably Wisconsin.

I'm glad to see they did the right thing.

If he re-signs with Iowa, will our other players be o'kay with it knowing that he was looking to go elsewhere, probably Wisconsin.

Players probably don't care. His decision to decommit is a reflection on his concern over a change in the coaching staff. He, Fran and Andrew will need to be comfortable with his issues, not the players.

The fact we still don't have other assistants named is not helping either.

I'm guessing that the rule isn't so much aimed at the players, but moreso to stop poaching from conference rivals. The rule sucks for the players, but it does serve a purpose.

Good.. They should have done a better job into looking at the ramifications of opting out. Maybe a dumb rule, but it's a rule and happy they didn't rule in the recruits favor.

They should change the rule for instances when coaches are fired....but only for kids not already enrolled.

Nope!!! Should be no exemptions. I like the rule. These kids didn't need to sign LOI when the did. There was no quarntee that Lick would be around for the start of the 2010 season.

Good rule. Correct outcome. Good luck in some other conference, Ben. As you go on in life, you'll learn that you can't always blame someone else for unexpected things that happen to you.

Do you really want him if he really doesn't want to be here? There will be more PG's to sign along the way, especially in 2012. It might be a blessing in disguise if he doesnt go to Iowa.

The grapes are getting sour enough to make whine.

Exactly. Where Ben goes to school affects our mood. It affects his LIFE. I understand why the rule is in place, but I think the you should err in favor of the athlete. They are affected much more than the institution is. Here, I think the Big 10 needs to take into account the situation, but they didn't. At the end of the day, Brust still has plenty of good choices, but I would be upset if I was him.

I think it would be kind of funny if Ben goes elsewhere and our moderator has to get a new man crush for someone else. All those dozens of Burst posts going to the archives forever.

Not a dumb rule. The NCAA and the conferences weren't created to give kids a chance to play for coaches. They don't care who is coaching which school, they care about protecting the schools. They operate under the premise that kids play for a school not a particular coach, so it doesn't matter to them if a coach is fired.

It would be ridiculous to put stipulations on these types of rules such as you can't do it, but if the coach is fired you can etc....... Why have rules then.

Latest posts