Auriemma blames ND for Big East collapse

Ah, my bad. I didn't see that this was already posted. Must have misspelled something in my search. my bad my bad

So what, Notre Dame owes UConn nothing and they would have never joined this rinky dink league had it required them to join for football. If that was a problem, the Big East should have never allowed Notre Dame to join. Having said that, there was plenty of precedent for half baked membership, look at Georgetown, Providence, Marquette, etc, none of whom have football programs. The whole league was a house of cards and its collapse was inevitable.

They're both to blame. The guy is spot on about the fact that ND not being in the Big East for football will be the downfall of the league as a football conference.

But shame on the Big East for letting ND keep them bent over the barrel and taking it year after year.

When did the Big East collapse? Yeah, there losing Syracuse and Pittsburgh but it looks like they are going to get six schools to go to 12. They will probably lose their auto BCS birth, but ever since BC, VT, and the U left, they haven't deserved it anyways.

Latest posts