Attending an NFL game

HAWKEYESTATE4ever

Hey guys, I am looking for some friendly advice. I have never been to an NFL game before, and am looking to change that this year as my favorite NFL team, the SF 49ers, makes three trips to the Midwest.

They play in StL (same as every year), but the two that are the most appealing are KC (it's the closest) and Green Bay (in December...Brrr!!).

I am pricing tickets on Stubhub, and am looking at about $110 for KC and $120 for GB. Where else would you guys look? Also, are their any charter bus type trips out of the Des Moines area for stuff like this? That seems like a more fun idea than driving all over, especially once you get to GB. I have never been to GB, but heard it is like a college town, and gets really congested on game days.

Thanks in advance for your help, gentlemen. (and ladies if you're out there):D

Hey guys, I am looking for some friendly advice. I have never been to an NFL game before, and am looking to change that this year as my favorite NFL team, the SF 49ers, makes three trips to the Midwest.

They play in StL (same as every year), but the two that are the most appealing are KC (it's the closest) and Green Bay (in December...Brrr!!).

I am pricing tickets on Stubhub, and am looking at about $110 for KC and $120 for GB. Where else would you guys look? Also, are their any charter bus type trips out of the Des Moines area for stuff like this? That seems like a more fun idea than driving all over, especially once you get to GB. I have never been to GB, but heard it is like a college town, and gets really congested on game days.

Thanks in advance for your help, gentlemen. (and ladies if you're out there):D

I've been to both KC and St. Louis for NFL games, and I would pick KC in a landslide between those 2 options. The dome in Stl is a terrible venue, very antiseptic, boring and quiet. The new Arrowhead looks very sweet, and the tailgating and parking, etc., is light-years better than in Stl. Lots of close-by hotels, too, if you're staying overnight.

Have you just checked Ticketmaster for tickets? I know the Chiefs and Rams are far from a sellout for any games, so unless you're looking to get in under face value, you should be able to score some very decent seats for face. If you want to chance it, a lot of times the Chiefs run some ticket specials as gameday approaches.

Never been to Lambeau, so can't help you there.

OK, thanks guys. I would rather do GB, but KC is a nice 2nd option. I figured I could get KC tix at face, but not GB. I am not looking for a deal under face, or even at face. I am good with whatever. Just in the beginning stages of planning this. One month from today we will be at Kinnick, and it has me in complete FOOTBALL MODE!

Latest posts