Athletes Getting Paid

Sparky

Great article by Dennis Dodd explaining how paying athletes is going to work out starting on August 1st.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...id-as-money-changes-game-in-college-athletics

One thing that really stood out to me is below...Anyone know what Iowa is paying?

Coaches are already screaming recruiting advantage with COA.

In the Big Ten alone, Penn State leads the conference offering $5,748 per player. Purdue can offer only $1,900. More to the point, Ohio State can offer $3,128 compared to Michigan's $2,452. Would that $672 difference push a kid to become a Buckeye rather than a Wolverine?

Last edited:
All this is doing is make the institutions think they're doing the right thing when in reality it adds to the problem. Tom Farinok thinks the school should provide him with everything he needs if he's making the shool money. Does he agree that if he makes money playing football after graduation rather than what his major is he should be paying money back to ISU. I'm totally against paying players even though I can't stop it. One thing I know for sure is money leads to corruption and more money leads to more corruption. I'd bet that within 5 years or so people will be attending college for football only and not as student athletes.

Coaches are already screaming recruiting advantage with COA.

In the Big Ten alone, Penn State leads the conference offering $5,748 per player. Purdue can offer only $1,900. More to the point, Ohio State can offer $3,128 compared to Michigan's $2,452. Would that $672 difference push a kid to become a Buckeye rather than a Wolverine?

Wonder what the going rate is when you include the benefits they're receiving under the table.

I think they left this part out when editing.

"the booster reaches his hand into his pocket, removing an undisclosed sum and sly exchanges it while shaking the hand of the player who discretely slides it into his pocket. The exchange takes place in such an effortless manner that the money remains hidden from the naked eye at all times and is never seen during the transaction."

All jokes aside we all know this doesn't take place so probably a good thing it got left out of the article.

Latest posts