Article by Gregg Doyle on Fran

Wow. That article had me tearing up. Excellent read.

I honestly don't care about Iowa basketball at all for now.

Wow. That article had me tearing up. Excellent read.

I honestly don't care about Iowa basketball at all for now.

Also interesting, Doyle talks about how classy Ferentz is in his latest tweets on the right sidebar. Hard to believe after his stance on the rhabo situation a few years ago.

http://www.cbssports.com/general/wr...e-fran-mccaffery-story-featuring-kirk-ferentz

He expanded on this story from last night with more on Ferentz and the same family. This is what I love about the Iowa coaches. They are about more than wins and losses, they're about faith, family, friends, and fans. They take a ton of crap and just keep their head down and give back to the Iowa faithful and more. Puts it into perspective about how precious life is and here are a lot of fans dissing them about games. Sure it's disappointing some times to watch Iowa football and basketball, but when you read this kind of stuff it makes you forget about those wins and losses.

His son was so important and the bb game was the least important of the day, yet he coached the game.

His son was so important and the bb game was the least important of the day, yet he coached the game.

After he flew home Tuesday night and was with him during surgery. Then flew back to Dayton after and only after he knew his son was out of surgery and doing fine. He's back with him now, don't know if he came back last night or early this morning, but I don't see anything wrong with that. He did what he should of as a father then as a coach then went back to being a father. What more do you want from the guy.

Also interesting, Doyle talks about how classy Ferentz is in his latest tweets on the right sidebar. Hard to believe after his stance on the rhabo situation a few years ago.

I know, a staff responsible for a large group of athletes sends 13 of them to the hospital and he gets upset. HOW DARE HE!

Fran knew what he was doing by leaving. Having a thyroidectomy isn't that serious.. What they find after may or may not be a larger problem all together.

I highly doubt that Fran would have left it Patrick wouldn't have given him the go ahead. I have no doubts that Fran is a great dad.

Thankyou OP for sharing this story. That was as good an article I have ready in ages. Fran is the man and the father.

Latest posts