Arizona expects ‘significant’ punishment from NCAA

tweeterhawk

I don’t necessarily agree. The agency charged with overseeing college athletics has proven itself pretty much a gutless wonder when it comes to dealing with its money-making programs, of which UofA hoops certainly is one.

However, it’s hot and getting hotter for Sean Miller. Depending on what the university’s outside counsel finds, he could be gone.

OTOH, he has a strong class coming to Tucson. So mebbe not.

UA facing potential 'significant sanctions and penalties' from NCAA, general counsel says
https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawi...nativeapp&utm_medium=mobile&utm_campaign=link

Last edited:
A few thoughts here. If Miller was not aware of payments made to Richardson, and BR kept his financials secret, I can see a case for Miller being expunged and to continue as Arizona’s coach. But if Miller just looked the other way and didn’t want to know what was going on as long as he got his recruits, then he will be fired for lack of institutional control. It all depends on how the athletic dept. and the Board of Regents view the program. If it’s the latter, Arizona basketball will not be revenant for at least 10 yrs. They would have to find another coach willing to move the program forward while under sanctions. I can see them going thru 2-3 coaches before they ever come back from this.

3 months? Wow. Talk about crime and punishment. Gets to go to a cushy fed processing facility and wear a white jumper. Oh poor guy.