Are we recruiting overseas [Europe]?

I

Ian Pike Hammer

I know we got Dom [Uhl], but are we still searching? What about Australia?

I may be wrong here, but I don't believe that Fran has recruited a kid from over seas to Iowa. Dom was playing living in NJ (I believe) for a few years, though he did grow up in Germany. Gabe, from England, also was playing BB in the states in Kansas (again going from memory) and was never really recruited outside of the states. I know Gonzaga and Mount Saint Mary's has had quite a few from over seas, and obviously Wagner at Michigan. I don't know how viable or worthwhile looking overseas is, especially given how many other coaches have good relationships in those high talent areas.

I may be wrong here, but I don't believe that Fran has recruited a kid from over seas to Iowa. Dom was playing living in NJ (I believe) for a few years, though he did grow up in Germany. Gabe, from England, also was playing BB in the states in Kansas (again going from memory) and was never really recruited outside of the states. I know Gonzaga and Mount Saint Mary's has had quite a few from over seas, and obviously Wagner at Michigan. I don't know how viable or worthwhile looking overseas is, especially given how many other coaches have good relationships in those high talent areas.
Wonder how many languages Fran speaks!

I heard we are recruiting from the teams we played on the last European trip that we went on last year. You know, the trip where we thought since we were destroying teams, that this past year was going to be special.

Fran is saying, if we get those guys to play in basketball shoes rather than street shoes, their defense will improve immeasurably. He may be onto something.

Latest posts