Are we in? For sure?

longtimer

Probably BUT If we lose our last 2 regular season games that makes us 3-5 in our last 8 games with buzzer beater wins over second division teams. Included are 2 home losses. Now we haven't lost those last 2 but I see no way we beat Wisconsin on the road. They do play great defense. Nebraska is winnable but at this point very probably a tossup. Going into the Big Tournament will we be favored over anyone not Nebraska or Northwestern?
So if the worst happens and it sure could we are 10-10 in the conference out of the Big Ten Tournament and 3-8 in last 11 games! The committee looks at a number of things but clearly considers how a team is playing at year end.

We really need to beat Nebraska

I was wondering the same. Our wins against other tournament teams are Michigan, ISU and OSU. Other than that..

Now I'm not sure where to find our profile in terms of quad 1 wins etc. and how our resume compares to other teams.

Guess I think we're still in but if the Hawks don't win either of these last two road games and lose their first BTT game, that puts us at 21-11 and on a hell of a slide going in. Bubble? Not sure.

Hopefully we don't test this, but I think we are in no matter what at this point, even if we lose the next 3.

I still think the Hawks need one more win to lock in a bid. If they lose out I think best case scenario is a first round game in the NCAA....which I don’t want to happen.

We're in. But it's going to be the dreaded 8-9 line. Unless we get to Sunday of the BTT.

Close wins won't be held against anymore than close losses weren't held against the team's that beat us. Again, if we're out, than so are Minnesota and Ohio State.

That would give the B1G five teams, which would be a stunning development after many were talking nine or ten.

We're in. But it's going to be the dreaded 8-9 line. Unless we get to Sunday of the BTT.

Close wins won't be held against anymore than close losses weren't held against the team's that beat us. Again, if we're out, than so are Minnesota and Ohio State.

That would give the B1G five teams, which would be a stunning development after many were talking nine or ten.

Yeah, but 9-10 was fool's gold. The numbers didn't work.

Flip the script. They pull off the Maryland game but lose to NW, Rutgers and IU and they are 8-10. They’d be a bubble team. They’re probably in, but they need to play like they are a bubble team. I just haven’t seen it these past two games. I hope I’m completely wrong, but I don’t feel good about it.

I don't think they're in. If Iowa loses out, they'll be a great way for the committee to show that they're still relevant in the age of NET by leaving Iowa out and putting in a mid-major that's off the radar.

The bubble is so bad this year. I think Iowa was a lock when they hit win number 20.

Either way it’s not too much fun right now.

If they lose the rest of their games and still make the tourney, Fran should step down. Remember; "Body of work". Iowa deserves a better coach.

Sure hope you are right? Nebraska is Quad 1?
Hopefully wont be any question and Iowa has a couple more wins before the NCAA tournament. If not they may get in but unlikely to make much noise

Iowa is in. It is the seeding I am concerned with. They are headed toward that dreaded 8/9 spot. Maybe they could take out Virginia if they aren’t shooting well. And that is wishful thinking on my part based off of last year. The other 3 projected number 1(s) would destroy Iowa.

And yes, I am assuming they win that first game which I shouldn’t, but I am.

Imo, Iowa’s best shot to get to the 2nd weekend is as 6 seed or better.

Sure hope you are right? Nebraska is Quad 1?
Hopefully wont be any question and Iowa has a couple more wins before the NCAA tournament. If not they may get in but unlikely to make much noise

Yes. At Nebraska is a Q1 game for Iowa.

The bubble is so bad this year. I think Iowa was a lock when they hit win number 20.

Either way it’s not too much fun right now.
20 wins is no longer relevant and for good reason. It’s more “how good you really are”. Who have you beaten and where?

Iowa is in. It is the seeding I am concerned with. They are headed toward that dreaded 8/9 spot. Maybe they could take out Virginia if they aren’t shooting well. And that is wishful thinking on my part based off of last year. The other 3 projected number 1(s) would destroy Iowa.

Take out Virginia? Lol

20 wins is no longer relevant and for good reason. It’s more “how good you really are”. Who have you beaten and where?
10 wins at least in B1G, arguably the best conference in the country. Undefeated in the non conference and some decent wins in there. As of yesterday only one bad loss.

Iowa is a lock

If they lose to their next 3 games maybe they’ll drop to an 11 seed. I’d rather be there than 7,8,9, or 10.

Latest posts