Are the Hawks trying to clone the Patriots offense?

Anybody else see the Hawkeyes morphing into the Patriots 2 TE offense?

1.) Great Depth at TE with CJF, Hamilton, Krieger-Coble, Duzey and Kittle
2.) 2nd half of last year started to click for Vandenberg and CJF as the offense finally tilted to the TE's.
3.) Mini - Ferentz just graduated from Belicheck U and the heir apparent to the OC job when Davis leaves.
4.) Pro scheme that Ferentz loves ---
5.) Creates multiple run / pass schemes from the same set - lots of mismatches
6.) Perfect for no huddle
7.) Changes the defense to five DB's opening up the run and putting smaller guys on the TE's and making the run more effective.
8.) Belicheks two TE offense is now the hot pro scheme with the Colts, Bengals, 49ers, Seahawks, Texans, Cowboys and Vikings adopting the scheme.
9.) Could explain the offense ineptitude last year as VB seemed to be fixated on the TE routes that never developed until later in the season.
10.)Patriots adopted this scheme when they had no real WR talent and Welker's ACL injury
11.) Go google Patiots TE offense....seems to me we are all missing the boat and that's why Coach Ferentz is smiling this year.....

I think we will clone the Texas Longhorn's offense in the Garret Gilbert era. Just take away the fast wide receivers and track athlete running backs, but add some better offensive linemen and tight ends.

2.) 2nd half of last year started to click for Vandenberg and CJF as the offense finally tilted to the TE's.

Would that be the second half of the season in which we lost every game? I'm getting old, but I think we finished out the season 0-6. In Greg's defense, I do think we had some powerhouse defenses like Indiana, Northwestern and Purdue in that second half of the season.

Would that be the second half of the season in which we lost every game? I'm getting old, but I think we finished out the season 0-6. In Greg's defense, I do think we had some powerhouse defenses like Indiana, Northwestern and Purdue in that second half of the season.

Top lel.

Rudock isn't better than Tom Brady, dude.

I hope he is better than Marsha Brady. Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!! Too many re-runs on TV.......sorry. Is it kickoff time yet? Better yet how about tip off time and the boys of the hardwood.

Anybody else see the Hawkeyes morphing into the Patriots 2 TE offense?

1.) Great Depth at TE with CJF, Hamilton, Krieger-Coble, Duzey and Kittle
3.) Mini - Ferentz just graduated from Belicheck U and the heir apparent to the OC job when Davis leaves.
4.) Pro scheme that Ferentz loves ---
5.) Creates multiple run / pass schemes from the same set - lots of mismatches
6.) Perfect for no huddle
7.) Changes the defense to five DB's opening up the run and putting smaller guys on the TE's and making the run more effective.
8.) Belicheks two TE offense is now the hot pro scheme with the Colts, Bengals, 49ers, Seahawks, Texans, Cowboys and Vikings adopting the scheme.
9.) Could explain the offense ineptitude last year as VB seemed to be fixated on the TE routes that never developed until later in the season.
10.)Patriots adopted this scheme when they had no real WR talent and Welker's ACL injury
11.) Go google Patiots TE offense....seems to me we are all missing the boat and that's why Coach Ferentz is smiling this year.....

Good points OP. But we don't have a guy named Brady at QB. However, it is amazing to me how Coach B always finds a way to make his offense click given the talent he has to work with besides his QB.

I don't like to see Hawk and clone in the same title.

Only you would notice that!!! But it doesnt bother me as the cyclones dont bother me. Yeah we have lost some games to them we should have won during KFs tenure.

And when we beat them we many times really spank them.

They are a big rival but they have never won anything in football of any consequence so I just cant really be bothered by them. I dont hate them but I did hate some of their ******* head coaches. But Rhoades seems to be a decent guy.

Only you would notice that!!! But it doesnt bother me as the cyclones dont bother me. Yeah we have lost some games to them we should have won during KFs tenure.

And when we beat them we many times really spank them.

They are a big rival but they have never won anything in football of any consequence so I just cant really be bothered by them. I dont hate them but I did hate some of their ******* head coaches. But Rhoades seems to be a decent guy.

I am m sure I am NOT the only one that would notice....

I think we have a better chance of cloning a sheep. Wait, Iowa State is doing that already, but I heard Rhodes is having a hard time getting the sheep to block downfield. My understanding is that he does have a special relationship with them, but he can't get Rodney Coe to stop eating them.

Latest posts