Appears there's a new punt return guy

Whew! Thank goodness this was only a joke.

After all those pre-season predictions for KMM to be an all-american punt returner for Iowa this year, I would hate to see KMM lose that opportunity. (Or wait waz all those pre-season predictions a joke too?)

Whew! Thank goodness this was only a joke.

After all those pre-season predictions for KMM to be an all-american punt returner for Iowa this year, I would hate to see KMM lose that opportunity. (Or wait waz all those pre-season predictions a joke too?)

Other than Western Michigan, KMM wasn't great. And there was that terrible fumble against LSU as well.

Other than Western Michigan, KMM wasn't great. And there was that terrible fumble against LSU as well.

If you completely disregarded his game against WMU, he would still have finished right around the top 30 nationally. He was pretty darn good back there, and certainly the best we've had in a long time.

If you completely disregarded his game against WMU, he would still have finished right around the top 30 nationally. He was pretty darn good back there, and certainly the best we've had in a long time.

Agreed. And part if the reason he was back there was because of his hands/ability to keep the ball off of the turf.

As for the LSU game... IIRC, That could be blamed on the turf as much as trying to blame it on KMM.

Agreed. And part if the reason he was back there was because of his hands/ability to keep the ball off of the turf.

As for the LSU game... IIRC, That could be blamed on the turf as much as trying to blame it on KMM.

****, I'd go even simpler. Everybody makes mistakes every now and again. That was the one blunder KMM had all year. It was a big one, no doubt. But it was even bigger because it was so shocking. He rarely makes mistakes like that.

Honestly, I would love to see them send Brandon out to field one this year. I think it would just mystify everyone.

Honestly, I would like to see them send Brandon out to field one this year. I think it would just mystify everyone.

I realize brandon used to be a high school QB but I hope they only try this when Iowa is up 55-0 in the 4th quarter.

This isn't high school guys. We aren't going to allow a tackle to field punts or throw passes. This is something the dummy over in LAmes would do if he ever had someone this good. Oh wait, Lizard... Never mind. Bush league spectacle, don't do.

Since he was a qb, in a game early this season declare him as a tackle elgible. Lateral to him and have him pass it. Then a few times throughout the season just declare him eligible to force the defense to account for his passing.

Since he was a qb, in a game early this season declare him as a tackle elgible. Lateral to him and have him pass it. Then a few times throughout the season just declare him eligible to force the defense to account for his passing.

He does not even have to line-up and declare as eligible. I believe anyone can throw a pass as long as they are behind the LOS. I bet no one would see the tackle-reverse with a run-pass option coming.

You are right thanks. As long as it is not a forward pass to him he can take a lateral rather he is eligible or not. Anyone can throw the ball. It would be nice to try a few times.

Honestly, I would love to see them send Brandon out to field one this year. I think it would just mystify everyone.[/QUOT
If Scherff didn't have an NFL career to think about I'd love to see that... He's got really good hands. And who in their right mind would like to try and tackle him one on one in the open field if he got up to speed?

Now all we need is Matt Roth running at full speed in the opposite direction to make the tackle. It would be like watching a train wreck.

Anyone see Brad Meester catch a screen pass for the Jags last year after announcing his retirement? Sure, it is a bit silly, and potentially a bit Bush League, but it was fun to watch:

[video=youtube;0tH-SZEyeS4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tH-SZEyeS4[/video]

Latest posts