Apparently, Pujols to Miami

JugadorHawk

10 years, 22 million! Thanks for all the memories Albert but sorry you're not worth the bankruptcy. Go Cardinals!

I think these signings could end up biting the Marlinsn the butt. They need to remember what got them 2 ws titles, and i wasn't 2 big FA signings. Oh well, only time will tell.

Also, I only see it has been made an offer, not that he has accepted, but I may be missing that.

Last edited:
Where is it that he actually signed? All I'm seeing is the Marlins made the offer.

I think these signings could end up biting the Marlinsn the butt. They need to remember what got them 2 ws titles, and i wasn't 2 big FA signings. Oh well, only time will tell.

Also, I only see it has been made an offer, not that he has accepted, but I may be missing that.
Well, just remember, when the Marlins win a WS, they then unload everyone making any kind of a salary, so that may factor in too. :)

Let's also remember who the manager of the Marlins is now. Ozzie, Jose Reyes, Hanley Ramirez and possibly Pujols! And a new stadium. And a new name. Looks like a PR run!

Well, just remember, when the Marlins win a WS, they then unload everyone making any kind of a salary, so that may factor in too. :)

Let's also remember who the manager of the Marlins is now. Ozzie, Jose Reyes, Hanley Ramirez and possibly Pujols! And a new stadium. And a new name. Looks like a PR run!

They are also investing in Hispanic players to appeal to the local cultural make up of Miami

You'd have to pay me a lot more money per year to wear those ugly uniforms and be the guy who is going to light up that fancy schmancy new home run machine in Miami.

Kidding of course, I could be bought.

But, yea....10 years is going to really come back and bite them I believe.

Where is it that he actually signed? All I'm seeing is the Marlins made the offer.

It's a well known fact that Albert wanted a 10 year deal and StL has had an offer on the table for over a year now. Pujols has yet to sign anywhere but Miami has aggressively pursued him and it looks like they have appeased his demands.

It's a well known fact that Albert wanted a 10 year deal and StL has had an offer on the table for over a year now. Pujols has yet to sign anywhere but Miami has aggressively pursued him and it looks like they have appeased his demands.
True, anD i think he but he'll give St. Louis time to equal the offer or raise it.

Moises Alou, Kevin Brown, Bobby Bonilla, Al Leiter were very key members of their first World Series title. I'd say they won that one solely because of big free agent signings.

The second one involved a lot of very good trades.

I think these signings could end up biting the Marlinsn the butt. They need to remember what got them 2 ws titles, and i wasn't 2 big FA signings. Oh well, only time will tell. Also, I only see it has been made an offer, not that he has accepted, but I may be missing that.
Moises Alou, Kevin Brown, Bobby Bonilla, Al Leiter were very key members of their first World Series title. I'd say they won that one solely because of big free agent signings.The second one involved a lot of very good trades.

Isn't Bobby Bo still on the Mets payroll?

Moises Alou, Kevin Brown, Bobby Bonilla, Al Leiter were very key members of their first World Series title. I'd say they won that one solely because of big free agent signings.

The second one involved a lot of very good trades.

First of all I wouldn't consider those signings anywhere near what they are doing now. And secondly you think those 4 players SOLELY won it for them? Then you don't know much about baseball. No single person solely wins jack squat.

First of all I wouldn't consider those signings anywhere near what they are doing now. And secondly you think those 4 players SOLELY won it for them? Then you don't know much about baseball. No single person solely wins jack squat.

They likely don't win the World Series without those players, is that better.

They likely don't win the World Series without those players, is that better.

They don't win without Renteria, Cousel, or Castillo either. i'm just saying they didn't win either based on big FA signings. They had the other pieces to go with them, and I'm not sure they have all the pieces right now. My biggest point is none of those signings were remotely close to as huge as Pujols/Reyes deal would be.

Latest posts