Apology to the board for my behavior

okeefe4prez

Dudes, I'm sorry that I keep being so negative about Ferentz's record over the past few years relative to Fitzgerald's and harping on all of the close losses. Now that we're nearing the 48 hour mark on the loss, I'm moving on. My buddy says I'm not thinking clearly and is even working on me to get me to skip the NU-Illinois game and come watch Ricky, DJK, AC and the other seniors one last time and after his reminder of the good times, I am thinking I might as well get over there to at least watch the game I had circled on my mental calendar for a year.

Can you guys forgive me? Is there one more spot on the bandwagon?

I'll throw back some beers, not mention senior day in 2007 and crank the hell out of this great tune:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vQpW9XRiyM]YouTube - Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days[/ame]

First thing you can do is get rid of the effing NU helmet avatar. It's like throwing salt into the wound. Sorta feels like you have your fingers crossed behind your back while presenting your apology.

Last edited:
Yeah. And ripping into the Hawkeye fan base three seconds before your apology does wonders for your case too.

First thing you can do is get rid of the effing NU helmet avatar. It's like throwing salt into the wound. Sorta feels like you have your fingers crossed behind your back while presenting your apology.

I am still getting NU season tickets. My buddy who is an Illini fan and I are getting them and we will go to games up there from now on wearing the colors of our respective schools. We will both cheer for the cats except in games where they are playing against Illinois or Iowa or where their wins would otherwise adversely impact Illinois or Iowa for bowl/conference positioning. We both love college football and just feel that becoming NU season ticket holders is the most economically rational thing to do in terms of expenditures of time and money.

I walked into my office this morning and a guy I work with had left a sympathy card on my desk, on the front it said "Sorry for your loss" and looked like something you would send to someone when a family member died or something then when I opened it up, it had a scoreboard that had the score of Saturday's game inside of it.

That's salt in the wound, pal. I am so downtrodden about Iowa football that I need to talk to Illini fans to console myself, but as they point out, at least they have basketball.

I am going to fly the NU avatar until Iowa beats NU in football again, but I may reconsider if Iowa somehow can beat NU in basketball. We must never forget this dark era of Iowa football. Never.

Honestly, how can ANYONE read this stuff and not recognize it for the satire that it is? This is Stephen Colbert at his best here, and personally, I love it! Keep it up OK4P, it's making me laugh!

I am still getting NU season tickets. My buddy who is an Illini fan and I are getting them and we will go to games up there from now on wearing the colors of our respective schools. We will both cheer for the cats except in games where they are playing against Illinois or Iowa or where their wins would otherwise adversely impact Illinois or Iowa for bowl/conference positioning. We both love college football and just feel that becoming NU season ticket holders is the most economically rational thing to do in terms of expenditures of time and money.

I walked into my office this morning and a guy I work with had left a sympathy card on my desk, on the front it said "Sorry for your loss" and looked like something you would send to someone when a family member died or something then when I opened it up, it had a scoreboard that had the score of Saturday's game inside of it.

That's salt in the wound, pal. I am so downtrodden about Iowa football that I need to talk to Illini fans to console myself, but as they point out, at least they have basketball.

I am going to fly the NU avatar until Iowa beats NU in football again, but I may reconsider if Iowa somehow can beat NU in basketball. We must never forget this dark era of Iowa football. Never.

How about women's basketball?

The Fonz forgives, the Fonz always forgives....

Fonzie.jpg

Honestly, how can ANYONE read this stuff and not recognize it for the satire that it is? This is Stephen Colbert at his best here, and personally, I love it! Keep it up OK4P, it's making me laugh!

No dude, satire was when I used to say that O'Keefe calling dive right, dive right, 30 yard pass on 3rd and 9, punt on 4th and 9 in the waning minutes of a game was brilliant offensive strategy. I am seriously getting NU tickets next year and reducing my Hawk tickets to a sharing arrangement instead of getting my own seats for the whole season. I promised my wife that before the game. I could break the promise because I can claim she was the schmutz that cost us the game, as we scored all 17 points whilst she was there and gave up all 21 points when she was not there (she was late getting there and left right at the start of the 4th quarter when she claimed the game was "over" and that she was "too cold" - don't worry guys, she has been banned from ALL Hawkeye events in the future). Maybe with time it will be a good thing ticket sales don't start for a few months because with time this bitter taste of constantly getting PWN3D by NU will go away and I won't dirty myself with the filthy stench of actually being a Northwestern season ticket holder, but if tickets were on sale today, I'd have some.

O-BTR-4-Law-Firm-Partner,

Best thing about the NW tix is you don't have to buy two anymore so you can re-enter the stadium after downing your six non-union Coors in the parking lot at halftime.

If you're looking for another venue where you can leave/re-enter on the same ticket, the Hooisers stadium allows the same thing.

Good luck.

No dude, satire was when I used to say that O'Keefe calling dive right, dive right, 30 yard pass on 3rd and 9, punt on 4th and 9 in the waning minutes of a game was brilliant offensive strategy. I am seriously getting NU tickets next year and reducing my Hawk tickets to a sharing arrangement instead of getting my own seats for the whole season. I promised my wife that before the game. I could break the promise because I can claim she was the schmutz that cost us the game, as we scored all 17 points whilst she was there and gave up all 21 points when she was not there (she was late getting there and left right at the start of the 4th quarter when she claimed the game was "over" and that she was "too cold" - don't worry guys, she has been banned from ALL Hawkeye events in the future). Maybe with time it will be a good thing ticket sales don't start for a few months because with time this bitter taste of constantly getting PWN3D by NU will go away and I won't dirty myself with the filthy stench of actually being a Northwestern season ticket holder, but if tickets were on sale today, I'd have some.

Well I never said the original schtick wasn't satire as well. That stuff made me laugh too lol. I still think this is just a new schtick, and there's no way for me to know that you are actually doing all of this. But I do admire the commitment to the act!

Well I never said the original schtick wasn't satire as well. That stuff made me laugh too lol. I still think this is just a new schtick, and there's no way for me to know that you are actually doing all of this. But I do admire the commitment to the act!

Either you are okeefe posting under one of his many screen names, or you have a serious man-crush going on.

I think it is the former.

Either you are okeefe posting under one of his many screen names, or you have a serious man-crush going on.

I think it is the former.

Are you kidding? I just think it's funny. As long as you don't take him seriously, it really is funny s*it.

Are you kidding? I just think it's funny. As long as you don't take him seriously, it really is funny s*it.

No, I am not kidding. You slobber all over many of his posts. And I think one possible reason is because okeefe has multiple screen names and yours could be one of them.

Also...he really isn't funny.