Anyone wonder if Weinke might have been a good QB?

hwks1

Given KF and demostrated ability for identifying talent and getting the right guys on the field... (Weisman wouldn't have even played baring injury), Do you wonder if its possible Weinke might have actually been a good QB?

I would not be surprised that Wienke would have been an NFL QB - if he had went to a different team.

Wienke couldn't have been much worse than our output on offense. But I thought today when Wienke came in to punt, we would fake. How do to have a QB switch to punter and never call a fake? Especially in the positions we have been in. I thought at least once we would see it. I was wrong.

Weinke couldn't have been much worse than our output on offense. But I thought today when Wienke came in to punt, we would fake. How do to have a QB switch to punter and never call a fake? Especially in the positions we have been in. I thought at least once we would see it. I was wrong.

You would think it would be a nice play to call.

Given KF and demostrated ability for identifying talent and getting the right guys on the field... (Weisman wouldn't have even played baring injury), Do you wonder if its possible Weinke might have actually been a good QB?

I would not be surprised that Wienke would have been an NFL QB - if he had went to a different team.

he didn't deliver. He threw a pass against OU and it was intercepted. Other opportunites were not harvested. Glad he hung around and moved to punter.

Wienke couldn't have been much worse than our output on offense. But I thought today when Wienke came in to punt, we would fake. How do to have a QB switch to punter and never call a fake? Especially in the positions we have been in. I thought at least once we would see it. I was wrong.

Was thinking the exact same thing. That's coaching

No

Terrific QB that went to the NFL from FSU.

Ive never seen a QB worse at going through a progression than Vandenburg. That would lead me to believe that Weinke would have been an improvement in that department. Ive also not seen many QB who were worse than Vandy at completing two yard passes.

My assumption is that a large part of the problem is with Greg Davis though and that changing QBs may not have made much of a difference.

Latest posts