Anybody else want to throw things at the TV

hawkeye12345

due to the incredibly ignorant commentators?

How many time did we hear this: "This is the best drive that the Georgia Tech offense has put together today" - I counted three.

How many times did we hear the word: All-American referring to a Georgia Tech player?

How many times did we hear them talk about the Iowa domination on defense? I didn't all game. We held a team to 2 total completions. We kicked their sorry butts up and down the field offensively and defensively and yet they wanted to talk about Georgia Techs great dominating rushing attack.

When Sandeman got mugged on an obvious pass-interference call the commentator thought it was a good no call and said something like, "they should let them play". Dude had a clear grip on Sandemans back shoulder and used it turn him...no call. A few series later when Stanzi took the helmet to helmet hit, we got "bailed out"...The chop block that was called earlier in the game was called, "Because Iowa coaches probably pointed this out to the refs".. The list could go on and on about the utter BS these two clowns were talking about all night.......

Why is it so difficult just to call the game on the field and leave your personal bias at home?

I didn't hear any of this because the party I was attending was pretty much just like being at a game, loud and crazy, couldn't even begin to hear the commentary, glad I missed it!

Don't forget the Terry Stross and the fact that Stanzi was coming back from knee surgery or that we won the '91 Rose Bowl.. Also at the award ceremony after that game the Orange Bowl woman congratulated Gary Bartow and the Hawks...

Don't forget the Terry Stross and the fact that Stanzi was coming back from knee surgery or that we won the '91 Rose Bowl.. Also at the award ceremony after that game the Orange Bowl woman congratulated Gary Bartow and the Hawks...

We won the '91 Rose Bowl?

When Sandeman got mugged on an obvious pass-interference call the commentator thought it was a good no call and said something like, "they should let them play". Dude had a clear grip on Sandemans back shoulder and used it turn him...no call.

That was Charles Davis who referred to that Sandeman mugging as a good no-call. I thought it was some pretty poor officiating not to call that a pass interference penalty. Surprisingly you will find comments on this board that agree with Davis.

http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/football/2608-georgia-tech-message-boards.html

Latest posts