Another Wrestling Trivia Question

SPGroth

I got this from a friend of mine. Found it interesting.

Which 4 time All-American has never beaten a wrestler seeded higher than 6th in his NCAA Tourney history?

RSFR
lost first match,
then wins MFT,
wins NotSeeded (NS),
wins NS,
wins NS
loses
loses last match finishes 8th.

SO
win NS
win NS
lost
wins NS
lost
wins NS for 5th a guy he'd beaten earlier

JR
wins NS
wins NS
wins over the #7 seed Mario Mason (first career victory against a seeded wrestler at this point)
wins over the #6 seed
loses in Finals to #4 seed and finshed #2

SR
wins NS
wins NS
wins #8
wins NS
wins #7 seed finishes 1st.

PSU's Frank Molinario

That's amazing. People often talk about the good fortune McD had with the NCAA bracket his freshman year...but 4 years in a row! I wonder what the statistical probability is for this happening by chance?

Whose the only wrestler to lose the first round this year and then wrestle all the way back to take third?

Have never been impressed by Molinaro. Maybe because I saw what he was like against upper echelon guys like Metcalf.

That Vinson dude should have been wrestler of the tourney.

Cam Tessari is the kid he wrestled for 3rd and he also lost his first round match.

Vinson was on my team this year...kid was on a mission after getting upset first round. I thnk he had 3 majors and 2 pins on his way to third. If anyone happened to see his first consolation match against msu he was put to his back within the first minute. He later pinned him. I think being a senior next season he could have a good run!

Congrats to that kid, what is that winning 8 or nine matches in a row in two days? That's frickin crazy, he should have been OW.

Congrats to that kid, what is that winning 8 or nine matches in a row in two days? That's frickin crazy, he should have been OW.

He won 7 in a row...1st rd of consolations he received a bye. Then wrestled msu 2nd rd of consolations

He lost first round as a #4 seed no way should he of received OW. Also 149 was one of the weaker weights at nationals.

Remember the OW had 4 falls and a TF in the finals on the big stage, I know it was Taylor but he earned it.

Latest posts