Another Walk-On

Anybody have any information on this guy? I don't know anything about him.

It looks like he made 2nd Team All Region and was the third-leading scorer on Kirkwood's team this past year which finished 3rd in the nation so I see this as another shrewd pickup by Fran. He is still not locked into using a scholarship but adds a bit more depth not only for practice but at 6'2" Jordan may also help on the defensive end of the floor if Iowa needs to full-court press, etc.

Here's another link with some game-by-game stats: Kirkwood Community College - Men's Basketball

His stats say his shot selection is similar to that of the player that used up his eligibility this last year.

Re: Jordan Stoermer of Kirkwood/IC West joins Hawks as walk-on

Maybe I am getting old and cranky, but when a new post of the same post appears on a small message board it just makes me say WTF? I mean really? Is this person not capable of reading?

His stats say his shot selection is similar to that of the player that used up his eligibility this last year.

Not even close!! Jordan attempted 64 2-pt shots and shot 40 FTs.

Devan didn't attempt a 2-pt shot and only attempted 6 FT's.

Getting to the FT line maybe just a product of having the ball in his hands at the ends of games, but it's much better to see someone that actually shoots them, than one that doesn't get opportunities.

Re: Jordan Stoermer of Kirkwood/IC West joins Hawks as walk-on

Maybe I am getting old and cranky, but when a new post of the same post appears on a small message board it just makes me say WTF? I mean really? Is this person not capable of reading?

Could've been worse, Greg...it could've been one of those "special" times...when there are already 3 or 4 threads dotting the forum and someone rushes home from work 2 hours later and after hearing the news on their local radio update during their drive, hits the board with another thread about the same topic and a first post of...

"Not sure if this has been posted yet or not, but..."

Last edited:
If you have a walk-on that has one really good skill, especially if that skill is shooting, than its a good addition. If he is dead-eye shooter he is useful for 5-10 minutes a game. Good shooting can cover lots of warts. And this team will have plenty of warts next year.

Kirkwood's game stats leave a bit to be desired but from some of the more complete sheets that kept Rebounds/Steals alongside Points, it looks like he averaged 3-4 rebounds per game and had at least 2 or 3 games with 4+ steals

I think when you have a coach who wants to run and press more bodies are always a good thing... especially when they're free

+1 we're getting pretty good Iowa guys(McCarty too) to come in here and tread water for the next year or two for free!! This guys has nice stats!!, like the turnover numbers .Plus can shoot!! We'll have at the very least a great practice squad and wouldn't be surprised to see some of these guys contribute.It'll nice to see a full bench for a change.

Plus if you look at the breakdown we kind of needed somebody

Backcourt:
Payne
Gatens
May

Bench:
Marble
McCarty

We really needed to add Stoermer especially if somebody gets hurt. He is also the only bench backcourt player with any kind of college experience.

These kids will all get scholarships to play for Iowa next year. There is absolutely no reason not to give the kids the money when scholarships are available. It will be a one year scholarship with no guarantee of continuance.

Latest posts