Another Sean Henderson, for the next 5 years?

The Damon Bailey of Football.

I predict one or all of the following:

1. He won't end up at USC

2. Kiffin won't be the coach at USC when he gets to college

3. He won't live up to the hype

It's very difficult as a father to say my son shouldn't be getting recruited at 13 so I'm not going to let him have this opportunity."

Well, apparently it's not as hard as choosing an actual childhood for your kid. Let the kid be a kid without all the pressures of being the next next next big star at USC.

David Sills and family react to USC commitment - ESPN Los Angeles

"The way I look at it is if David was a phenomenal mathematician and I held him back, wouldn't that be wrong? If he was a great piano player or a gifted child actor and I held him back, wouldn't that be wrong?" Sills' father asked. "

Yep, playing football and deciding what college you want to play for at 13 is the same exact thing.

Wow, that quote makes the guy sound like trailer trash. If the kid was a gifted mathematician at 13, he'd already be enrolled in a prestigious college taking math classes. If he was a musical prodigy, he would be at Julliard already. In either case, his future career would likely already be determined. I'd bet serious odds that the kid doesn't take a snap in the NFL, though. Too bad the dad is too dense to pick up on that.

I saw online that the kid only like 5'6" right now. What if he doesn't make it to 6 feet? It is just stupid for all parties to make this commitment.

Can anyone say Todd Marinovich? Google a few of those articles.

More probable, Kiffin won't be there in five years. He will also be one step ahead of the infractions committee and coaching in the NFL for, I don't know, the Rams!:eek:

Didn't read the article...but I guess I don't see much wrong with that particular quote...or the fact that the kid is committing early. If USC is willing to offer him this early...and that is where he wants to be...why not?

Were we getting all worked up when Jeff Horner committed to Iowa at a similar age?

Chris Leak committed to Wake Forest as an 8th grader, switched to Tennessee as a high schooler and signed with Florida on signing day. Sills sticking with USC 5 years is doubtful.

I'll go out on a limb and predict ALL THREE of the above will be true!

All three. Wherever the kid ends up he wont live up to the hype, or by the time he is truly being recruited as a junior or senior there wont be any hype.