Android rewards message

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNHawkeyeFreak

When I am on this site on my phone, I keep receiving redirect page, or i go from a post to an ad that says "android rewards", "Rochester results: you have (1) prize unclaimed."
"your android mobile number was chosen at random....yada, yada, yada. I am using safari browser not the HN app. It's not an android phone. Today..I am not in Rochester. What is this? Virus on my phone? I also get a pop up over the web page that looks like a text message telling me I've won a prize. My only option is to say okay. I can't even close the page. Once I say okay, then I can hit the back button and I won't be in the thread I was just in, but back on the forums page. It will do this only on HN and multiple times. Anyone else have something similar? It's been doing this for two days.

I thought you had a crApple iphoney, fangirl? What happened?

(I have been hit with the same stupid pop-up a few times in the past week, including twice today. It is wicked annoying.)

I do have an iPhone. I just googled it and it's a problem for both phones. I tried a solution mentioned on one website, deleting cookies, turning pop up blocker on, etc. it was already on and when I re logged in after deleting cookies I got hit with the thing twice! Once while trying to respond to this post!

The address is mobile winner.org...but I wouldn't go there. I put a space between mobile and winner but the actual URL doesn't have one.

I've gotten this on my iphone probably fifteen times on this site the last 2 days. Very, very annoying.

I've won two prizes do far, I'm going to save them up before I collect them. My number also was picked for Best Buy's $1000 giveaway. pretty good considering I haven't bought anything at BB in years.

We don't allow pop ups. I will look into the issue on the app.

Echoing herkyattack, I am seeing le popup while using Dolphin HD browser on an android phone. Not using HN app.
FWIW, I have not seen the popup on my android tablet, using either Dolphin HD or Opera browsers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts