Android App Question

You cannot just yet. I keep hearing they will have a update for the app soon. I hope that is the first thing they add for the app is a post "new topic" feature.
I have been patiently waiting for what seems like months.

We released an update to the app today, however, posting a new topic was not included in it.

We know creating new posts is an important feature and we want to get it added as soon as possible. I can't promise it by any specific date, but I can say that we discuss it internally frequently and hope to support it ASAP. Sorry that I can't offer anything more concrete.

Josh
(One of the android app developers)

The first thing you needed to add to the forum feature was a post new topic button. How hard can it be to add such a thing? What is holding you back?

The first thing you needed to add to the forum feature was a post new topic button. How hard can it be to add such a thing? What is holding you back?

The forum tab is missing other features that we want to add as well (quoting, mark as read, search, etc.), but we need to do it in such a way that we can support it long-term and have it be stable and useful despite server-side changes. Due to the complex interaction between the various bits of server-side software on HawkeyeNation and the app, it is not as trivial as it would seem to add the feature.

In summary, the current forum support in the app was added due to very high user demand but without ample time to plan out a fully functional forum system. We are now trying to step back and "do it right" when we do the full forum support.

Latest posts