An Iowa fan at the Wisconsin/OSU game

SDK46

So, in the midst of 85K Wisky fans, I manage to find 3 other Hawk fans dressed in Black/Gold in Madison. We hit the "Big-10 Pub" and cheered on the Hawks.

Here was a typical dialogue with about 4 dozen Wisconsin fans throughout the afternoon:

Wisconsin fans, "Hey aren't you guys in the wrong state for today's game?" (drunk of course, loud, thinking they were original/funny)

Us Iowa guys, "Naw, we're here collecting rent. Because you know Iowa owns Camp Randall."

Wisconsin fans, "(stunned look with no comment whatsover")...ha ha...priceless

Another one went like this:

Drunk Wisconsin fans: "Hey, don't we play you guys next week?"
Us Iowa guys, "We have our second by-week of the season next week."
Drunk Wisconsin fans: again....."(stunned look with no comment whatsover)"

So, having seen them both in person, how do you think we will fare against OSU & UW?
A few of my thoughts (nothing scientific):

#1--Overall, Wisky's offense plays right into Iowa's defensive wheelhouse.
#2--Tolzein's not going to beat us alone. Clay can be stopped. White however is our version of Hampton. Very polished for a pure FR.
#3--Wisky's D is not as good as last year. Our offense is better.
Honestly, I see a game similar to last year. We get untracked and win going away.

Wisky wasn't anything special IMO, although their last drive was impressisve. OSU played the worst 1st-half as I can remember and they still had Wisky on the ropes in the 4th. OSU's special teams were less-than-good IMO.

Pryor cannot beat us passing. Ever. Unnatural passing motion. Contain him and make him pass. OSU fans grumbling about Saine dancing around too much and Herron not being that fast. I never bet totally against OSU when playing us simply because of the history. However, Stanzi's never played them and I'm betting he'll want to out-shine hyped-up Pryor in his one and only meeting against him.

Wisconsin also came out of the game with another injury to another LB, Mike Taylor.

As long as Iowa doesn't turn the ball over we will be fine.

Last year Iowa gave up quite a few 1st half rushing yards a lot of that was due to Wisconsin sending the WR in motion which shifted our LBs and Clay ran for 7-8 yards every carry. They made an adjustment and didn't go for the WR fake and shut Clay down. Made Wisconsin one dimensional and Tolzien couldn't deliever under pressure.

Wisconsin also came out of the game with another injury to another LB, Mike Taylor.

As long as Iowa doesn't turn the ball over we will be fine.

Last year Iowa gave up quite a few 1st half rushing yards a lot of that was due to Wisconsin sending the WR in motion which shifted our LBs and Clay ran for 7-8 yards every carry. They made an adjustment and didn't go for the WR fake and shut Clay down. Made Wisconsin one dimensional and Tolzien couldn't deliever under pressure.

to be honest, it helped that Clay got hurt

Latest posts