Amazing Stat

thejumper5

I stole this from a post on Northwestern's Rivals message board. Northwestern has been scored on 32 times this year. 15 of those came in the final 4 minutes of the half in their games this year. I find this stat amazing. Will this continue this week and how can Iowa exploit Northwestern's tendency to give up late scores?

I stole this from a post on Northwestern's Rivals message board. Northwestern has been scored on 32 times this year. 15 of those came in the final 4 minutes of the half in their games this year. I find this stat amazing. Will this continue this week and how can Iowa exploit Northwestern's tendency to give up late scores?

How can Iowa exploit their tendency to give up 4th quarter TD's? See Ricky Stanzi circa 10-31-09...

If I remember correctly, Stanzi through two TD's in a matter of a few minutes... Combine that with Robinson or Coker punching a few in, instead of Wegher like last year, and I think we control this thing easily...

Given our clock management, I don't see how we can possibly score or win this week!

Given our clock management, I don't see how we can possibly score or win this week!

Given our time to plan. I think we'll do MORE than fine. We know what to expect. I know the "series" is a rough one for us as of late. But it's not like they're the same exact team everytime they upset us. It's in the works folks. I see turnovers and TD pass redemption...

It's not our scoring that worries me, it's theirs. If Persa is pressured and contained we should be fine. Then again, I felt the same way about Chapell last week. We did keep him contained in my opinion but struggled too much in the red zone. This week if Robinson is close to 100%, stopping Persa should do the trick.

It's not our scoring that worries me, it's theirs. If Persa is pressured and contained we should be fine. Then again, I felt the same way about Chapell last week. We did keep him contained in my opinion but struggled too much in the red zone. This week if Robinson is close to 100%, stopping Persa should do the trick.

I think we need to slow them down and get a few three and outs. They'll get their points. I actually think our D did a fine job against IU.

Our OFFENSE can help the defense by keeping them off the field. Our offense needs to sustain drives, keep the chains moving, and score at least, say, 28 points in this game. Maybe 21. If we keep the ball away from NU, our defense won't get worn down, and of course it will also mean that our offense is being productive. In this game, our offense will be a part of having a good defense, IMHO.

I don't think we can score our only touchdown with 2 minutes remaining. Last week (although a win!) was on the offense.

I have a gut feeling that things are going to click this week and we will get up early the same way we did last year. Now, as long as Stanzi does not get hurt I think we will coast a lot easier than expected. I just feel like I did leading up to MSU, where everyone and their mom said the one guarantee is that it will be close because they always are. I think the players have some emotion of a loss from last week and will take it out on NW.

Latest posts