Alton rumor from Hawkeyereport

iowahawkeyes89

Someone claims that the Altons aren't happy with the way Cael has handled things and they have expressed interest in the Iowa program.

This is a direct quote "calls were made after promises were broken"

Interesting if true, but I'm not sure why Altons would transfer anywhere considering where the PSU program is right now.

I'd take them. I don't buy it for a second though.

I'm not going to lie, PSU wrestled really well this weekend. They were aggressive and looked for bonus points all tournament. I do think that Cael is going to find recruiting to be much more difficult right now. Good luck trying to get top calibur kids to come sit for 3 or 4 years. And Cael hasn't proven he can run a wrestling program.

Thats the next step, getting kids to wait behind their current young lineup.

And like you, I don't buy the Alton thing. Just thought it was interesting.

I spoke with some people who are very close to the program this weekend. I heard nothing of this. It would be great if true, but I doubt it to be close to true. Tom did recruit them very hard.

I think the harder part than getting good kids, is getting good kids to take partials to get a nice competitive room. How deep are they if Taylor, Wright, or anyone else gets injured? We always seem to have one rough weight a year, '97 & '65 the last few years, and '49 this year.

I'd take them. I don't buy it for a second though.

I'm not going to lie, PSU wrestled really well this weekend. They were aggressive and looked for bonus points all tournament. I do think that Cael is going to find recruiting to be much more difficult right now. Good luck trying to get top calibur kids to come sit for 3 or 4 years. And Cael hasn't proven he can run a wrestling program.

Really doubt it's true. Besides, they'd have to sit out a year because I'm sure PSU wouldn't release them to Iowa - (Andrew could redshirt) but that would mean that Dylan would lose a year of competition. I can't imagine he'd want that.

:pThis came from the Hawkeye report? I don't know what would be more reliable news, Altons unhappy or pigs can fly. Andrew Alton can beat up on the little guys but can't beat up the big guys. Penn State can have him.

Latest posts