All Day Iowa on BTN

I am probably most looking forward to watching the Purdue game out of that lineup...mostly because I have seen the Cap One about 20 times, and have the Insight on my DVR and watch little bits of it every few weeks.

Saw the Purdue game while on vacation in Florida on a little 19" screen that was at our rental...can't wait to watch that one again and feel the CHA crowd rolling through the surround sound

I don't think i have even seen the Insight Bowl replay yet. That would be #1 in my book and Purdue #2

I am probably most looking forward to watching the Purdue game out of that lineup...mostly because I have seen the Cap One about 20 times, and have the Insight on my DVR and watch little bits of it every few weeks.

Saw the Purdue game while on vacation in Florida on a little 19" screen that was at our rental...can't wait to watch that one again and feel the CHA crowd rolling through the surround sound

I'll second this. What a perfect way to end the regular season. I see the Iowa vs Wisconsin game is on as well sometime this week - not sure if its bball or fball though.

my guide is listing the 1995 Iowa-UCONN bball game after the cap one bowl, but isnt listed in that article

The one thing I've taken away from today is that I still can't stand watching JC play quarterback.

Just watched the Insight Bowl. Heck of a finish that night.

It really was and it was great to watch again during last night's replay. Hyde's interception return was huge, Coker continued big down the stretch with rushes that kept the ball, helped move the chains and ate up clock. As much as KOK and KF get ripped for conservative play-calling, it can be maddeningly effective with just enough innovation to get it done. On the 3-and-3 at the Mizzou 40 on the final drive, just before the snap several of us in the stands looked at each other and said something to the effect of "fake up the middle, Stanzi rolls out." It would have been sweet if Reisner had cut back behind a blocker and gotten the score instead of trying to flip over the defender and put his hand down. Still, it was enough to win.

If it's Iowa Day, that means the BTN will be forced to show games that Iowa actually wins instead of their usual array of Iowa losses.

Only had time to watch the Insight bowl. Third time I've watched it. Other than the Hyde interception and the 3rd down conversion to Reisner, one other play stands out for me: Bernstine's close out on the wide receiver.

You see a quick change of direction, great acceleration, great pursuit angle, and a perfect form on a hard hitting tackle. It's just tantalizing thinking about what could have been (or what could be) with Bernstine.

Watching the Capital One bowl tonight. A few thoughts:

Tate might be the best broken play playmaker Iowa has had under Ferentz. He routinely made 5-6 "how the hell did he do that" plays a game.

That LSU team was loaded. I lost count of how many NFL players they had.

The 2011 defensive line was great. The 2004 defensive line was better. I continually forget just how good that defense was. Roth and Babineaux on the DL, Hodge & Greenway at LB, Consedine & Pachal at safety. Not to mention how great the special teams were that year.

Tate might be the best broken play playmaker Iowa has had under Ferentz. He routinely made 5-6 "how the hell did he do that" plays a game.

The 2011 defensive line was great. The 2004 defensive line was better. I continually forget just how good that defense was. Roth and Babineaux on the DL, Hodge & Greenway at LB, Consedine & Pachal at safety. Not to mention how great the special teams were that year.

+1

That caught my eye, too.

Without a doubt, that 04 team was my favorite under KF.

Latest posts