Alex Meyer

That's great! Congratulations to Alex and his family. Now hopefully Burak and Witte will come aboard and keep the momentum going. This class is definitely starting to firm up its position as the #1 recruiting class in the country. Unbelievable job by the staff for putting together such an amazing class with such limited scholarship money available this year.

So is Meyer the favorite to win state this year? What weight will he wrestle.
Also does anybody know why he has had poor state performances? just curious

Witte has verballed to UNI.

Meyer hasn't had bad State performances, he has just lost to some really good wrestlers in Koethe and Berger. I know Jessman talks about Meyer always being this good, but that is just coach speak. Meyer had improved more than any prep wrestler I have seen in a 5 month span. From the time I watched him wrestle in March to July in Fargo I was amazed on how much he had shored up his technique, more specifically his positioning.

As far as Burak I think that the longer it goes the less of a chance we get him. Good thing with Meyer is that he is still growing and has plenty of room to fill out and he likes to hit the weights so 184 is not out of the question. I know Burak has been projected as a 184/197, but he is a long way off of being a collegiate 197 and he does not have that big of a frame.

USAFhawk-Thanks for the info. Any idea what schools are in the running for Burak? I assume Penn but who else? Do you know any other guys the staff are targeting at this point? Any chance of snagging Jordan Rogers?

So is Meyer the favorite to win state this year? What weight will he wrestle.
Also does anybody know why he has had poor state performances? just curious

Just to add to what USAF said

6th soph year lost to 2nd(semis) and 4th(cons semis) finishers.

5th junior year lost to 1st(qtrs) and 3rd(cons semis) finishers and avenged his lost to Koethe a week later at state duals (if I remember correctly).

Alex also finished 1st at Folkstyle Nationals this years to go along with his double AA status he achieved at Fargo 2nd(Greco) and 3rd(Freestyle).

Welcome aboard young man!!!!! Go Hawks!!!

Last edited:
Did NOT see this Alex being a Hawk but I LOVE that he did decide to Verbal to the Hawks. I REALLY like him and I hope he can grow into 184. I guess this tells me that Burak has pretty much said no to the Hawks. But I am not giving up hope just yet.

Back to Alex. I am so happy that he has chose the Hawks! I really like what I have seen from him in the past few months. He has improved so much. I think a lot of you will be suprised how good he really is!

Burak's most likely a career 184 unless he goes through a major growth spurt. I don't think he quite has the frame to fill out to a solid 197. Meyer's got the height and a pretty big frame and could possibly get to 184 with some major work in the weight room.

Yeah Brooks is about all we have on the roster or committed at this point. Mitch Sliga from Indiana will be graduating next year and hopefully one of the main targets of the staff for recruiting 197 next year. It'd be great if they could snag another big body in this class. I know Miklus verballed to Missouri but maybe Miklus could have a change of heart before signing day. We can hope I guess.

Latest posts