Alarming Trend

oskyhawk74

The thing that bothers me the most are the player defections. Esp. the one s that contribute. Wegher, Hampton, and the O-lineman earlier this year. It has the feel of the begining of the end for Ferentz. We poo-pooed the first few but now it is a trend. The football program feels like basketball at the end of Alford and the entire Licklighter era. I had a sick feeling in my stomach when I heard Wegher was looking to transfer. Here is a kid that scored a TD in a BCS game as a freshmen. Why would a kid like that want to leave? I hope things turn around but if we lose more players I worry about how long KF will be here. I for one don't want to lose KF.

You've gotta be kidding. Wegher was gone the moment he left the team (for his own f*ck ups, not Ferentz's). Hampton, who knows, but he's had 2 major knee injuries, and maybe he's just ready to move on. These "defections" are not like the departures that Lickliter dealt with. "Beginning of the end"? Dude you're about a week and a half late to that particular party.

I'm not worried about it. I think people are just TRYING to find things. Just settle down and lets get ready for the beat down Iowa is about to put on the kitty cats!

The thing that bothers me the most are the player defections. Esp. the one s that contribute. Wegher, Hampton, and the O-lineman earlier this year. It has the feel of the begining of the end for Ferentz. We poo-pooed the first few but now it is a trend. The football program feels like basketball at the end of Alford and the entire Licklighter era. I had a sick feeling in my stomach when I heard Wegher was looking to transfer. Here is a kid that scored a TD in a BCS game as a freshmen. Why would a kid like that want to leave? I hope things turn around but if we lose more players I worry about how long KF will be here. I for one don't want to lose KF.
All left for their own reasons. It happens on every college team every freakin year. Their are 117 players on the team and three leave or get dismissed and you think the program is in the sh!!ter. When you are done with naptime today, look up any school you want and see how many "defections" they have had and then come back and state your case.

So many people are stuck in the world that is Iowa. Look around! These same happenings go on at every other major school! The only reason it's a big deal is because enough fans/media are making it out to be a big deal - THAT is the true problem.

We have a great team that had a rough year. It happens to everyone. Support the heck out of them in the bowl game and forget about this apocolypse crap, please.

Seriously? You've got to be kidding. Players leave programs every day. The reason you're noticing is because KF doesn't have a laundry list of defections over the years. Wegher, good riddance. Hampton, maybe doesn't think he can make it back. KF manages 100 plus 18-22 yr olds, dude. I'd say he does pretty well.

I love Iowa, but this is one advantage of not living there, and being immersed in coverage of other teams (UW and WSU and Oregon in my case): perspective.

Iowa's 'defections' in the last few years have been average or below average for BCS schools.

Latest posts