Akrum Wadley

tksirius

HN's Love Doctor
Some people actually think the NFL cares about "character." Take a deeper look and you'll see Rob kindly dealing with some idiots.

Not exactly the way I read it, Rob Howe. Character concerns were the last thing listed...and clearly said "a few" teams mentioned it. His size and durability were the primary reasons. You can always find "somebody" to say a certain thing. Character was not...the primary reason sited for AW's going undrafted.

Last edited:
I love me some wadley but really what is he to the NFL? Hes a 3rd down, passing situation running back. Great hands and great in space. Not an every down back. His ceiling is probably theo Riddick or james white...both of which have had nice NFL careers.

I just hope he stays healthy and gets a fair shake because he can stick somewhere for sure

Not exactly the way I read it, Rob Howe. Character concerns were the last thing listed...and clearly said "a few" teams mentioned it. His size and durability were the primary reasons. You can always find "somebody" to saw a certain thing. Character was not...the primary reason sited for AW's going undrafted.
I think Rob was just pointing out that character was one of the issues listed, which is absurd.

All this load of bs about his size.
Should he have added another 10-15 lbs? Absolutely. KF kept preaching that.
Can he still? Absolutely!!
I mentioned this before. A pretty good back named Melvin came out of college, with what would seem a life just laid out in front of him.
Couple years and he was released, then when he tried to get another gig, showed up 30 pounds over weight.
Trust me college is the lean years for most.
I get that we feed them well, but I too am a hard gainer. People say "eat more". The only thing I've figured out is to eat more often. If you are full, you are full. But eating every 4 hours is much easier than trying to just eat more in fewer sittings.

We keep hearing he needs to gain weight, and I'm not so sure I agree with that. AW is not a power back, nor a speed back, but the one thing he has in spades is uncanny elusiveness, which I think extra weight may hurt. In the article one source said he's a back with average size and speed at a dime a dozen position. Those that thought that evidently didn't watch enough film on him, because his ability break ankles is very rare. I think he'll stick.

@RobHowe, the first thing I'd do is look at the source. The website was made by a junior high student in 1997.

"Sources from a handful of teams..."
Yeah right. Campbell wrote that clickbait on the toilet with his phone in about 6 minutes. He's just spewing made up garbage to get hits on Cherepinksy's shitty website. How else can he make money without ad hits on "Gorgeous Asian Women Looking For Men From ______" I also have a hard time believing anything coming from a "reporter" whose main email address ends in "@gmail.com." Bottom line, the guy's a hack who doesn't have any contacts other than his weed dealer.

I have more insider access to NFL employees than he does. And I don't have any.

Wadley didn't get drafted because

1) He's too small

2) Nothing about his numbers stood out

3) RB is a disposable position in the NFL now. The days of the Emmitt Smiths and Barry Sanders are over. Running backs are throw away positions because the pro game has gone to passing, and defenders are bigger and faster. Running backs take too much of a pounding to be productive for more than 3-4 years in most cases.

Last edited:
Guys who drop dirty UAs, beat up their girlfriends, or get video taped with gas mask bongs drop a few spots but still get drafted. Kirk never suspended him at all and Kirk doesn't have a high threshold for putting up with low-character guys. Any character issues were not why AW didn't get drafted.

In the end, it appears signing with the Titans was a good move, versus getting drafted by a team that has a bunch of running backs already. I don't know about character issues, but I will say this, Akrum is a character. I love watching him play football.

Last edited:
We keep hearing he needs to gain weight, and I'm not so sure I agree with that. AW is not a power back, nor a speed back, but the one thing he has in spades is uncanny elusiveness, which I think extra weight may hurt. In the article one source said he's a back with average size and speed at a dime a dozen position. Those that thought that evidently didn't watch enough film on him, because his ability break ankles is very rare. I think he'll stick.
There's always been room in the NFL for the Joe Washington Dave Meggett Warrick Dunn Darren Sproles Akrum wadley type.

And there always will.

Sounds to me like Kirk blackballed him.

Kirk's reputation for putting guys in the NFL means that NFL teams trust him. And he isn't going to throw away that trust just to get one guy in the NFL. So, while he may not have blackballed Wadley, his NFL buddies can tell when he thinks someone is NFL ready, such as James Daniels.

Kirk's reputation for putting guys in the NFL means that NFL teams trust him. And he isn't going to throw away that trust just to get one guy in the NFL. So, while he may not have blackballed Wadley, his NFL buddies can tell when he thinks someone is NFL ready, such as James Daniels.

My post was half joking, but I do wonder if Kirk said something negative.

<<(B)ut I do wonder if Kirk said something negative>>

JFC, in what universe do some of you folks live?!

Well I sure don't think Kirk would lie if asked. Are you saying you think Kirk would lie through his teeth if an NFL guy asked him his true opinion?

Latest posts