Akron Pitt

lol what on earth. Akron managed to keep Connor under a 100 yards. The same Akron that gave 284 rushing yards to .... Marshall. I dont get it. Maybe they are a bit burned after losing when they felt they should have beat Hawks... but it's Akron.

Also, Pitt got tons of props for beating trojan-slaying BC...well, BC just got beat by Colorado tricking state.

Sometimes there is more parity in college ball than you think? Come on NCAA, make the playoffs 16 teams. Not that iowa would make it but it'd be exciting.

Sometimes there is more parity in college ball than you think? Come on NCAA, make the playoffs 16 teams. Not that iowa would make it but it'd be exciting.
I love the 1-AA format. Makes December a really fun month.

Bowls make money however so it's going to be tough to even try to replicate that but I'm all for playoffs. 4 is a start but it needs to be more than that.

Just a few years ago, I would have fought you tooth & nail that 16 is way too many teams...but I've come around over the last few seasons. I don't have any numbers to back this up, but it certainly feels like CFB gets a little nuttier every year. CFB has *always* been a sport where emotion has the chance to defy what "should" happen on paper, but it seems like parity has gone to another level over the last 15 yes or so. It seems like the major/mid major/1AA gap has closed as well as the top/bottom pecking order within the conferences themselves.

Latest posts