AJ Epenesa just received first recruiting letter from Florida State

Bohawk

I've talked about this kid before. He's a first team freshmen all american at Edwardsville High School (6A) near St. Louis. He's also the son of former hawkeye Epenesa Epenesa. Roughly 6'4", 240 pound DE.

Sure hope someone from Iowa gets in on this kid early because the family loves the Hawkeyes. That being said, big sister Samantha was one of the best volleyball players in the country and got no love from Iowa until it was too late. She is now a stud at Purdue.

Epenesa Epenesa was one of my faves at that time.

What is this "AJ" stuff? Should have just gone with "Epenesa Epenesa Epenesa".

I've talked about this kid before. He's a first team freshmen all american at Edwardsville High School (6A) near St. Louis. He's also the son of former hawkeye Epenesa Epenesa. Roughly 6'4", 240 pound DE.

Sure hope someone from Iowa gets in on this kid early because the family loves the Hawkeyes. That being said, big sister Samantha was one of the best volleyball players in the country and got no love from Iowa until it was too late. She is now a stud at Purdue.

one would assume iowa knows about this person. that being said, have you informed the recruiting staff about him?

The Hawks have pulled some good players out of St. Louis, and the new RB Smith is from there, so the connections seem to still be in place.

Wait a sec here... How many stars? I just need to know how mad I should be that the a Hawks haven't landed him yet.

Kurt wants loose.

Wait a sec here... How many stars? I just need to know how mad I should be that the a Hawks haven't landed him yet.

Kurt wants loose.

If he verbals to Iowa or Illinois early in the game, 3 stars. If he verbals to Mizzou, 4 stars. If he verbals to FSU, high 4 star, may even sneak into 5 star territory.

Epenesa gave my son the Tiger Hawks off his helmet as we walked across the field back in the day. I can't remember who we played? We always walked across the field and talked to the players. Times sure have changed. A couple of German Shepards will tear you to pieces now. I still have those helmet stickers!!!

I would imagine ISU would have the inside track becuase, IIRC, this is where Rodney Coe went to high school.

That plus the Lazard factor and KF might as well not even waste the resources going after this kid, legacy or not.

If he verbals to Iowa or Illinois early in the game, 3 stars. If he verbals to Mizzou, 4 stars. If he verbals to FSU, high 4 star, may even sneak into 5 star territory.

Thanks for the clarification Keefe. One more Q for you recruiting gurus... Is that template used for all recruits or just the ones from the 'Loo?
TIA

I would imagine ISU would have the inside track becuase, IIRC, this is where Rodney Coe went to high school.

That plus the Lazard factor and KF might as well not even waste the resources going after this kid, legacy or not.

CPR probably isn't even recruiting Illinois, bud. Wally is recruiting Texas. Mangino is recruiting Florida. CPR himself is recruiting California. CPR knows he needs bigger, faster players to go where ISU is destined to go when the SEZ is complete and the slow kids from the Midwest won't get him into the playoff.

Thanks for the clarification Keefe. One more Q for you recruiting gurus... Is that template used for all recruits or just the ones from the 'Loo?
TIA

Pretty much all of them, but you get an automatic one star bump by being from Texas or Florida.

Epenesa gave my son the Tiger Hawks off his helmet as we walked across the field back in the day. I can't remember who we played? We always walked across the field and talked to the players. Times sure have changed. A couple of German Shepards will tear you to pieces now. I still have those helmet stickers!!!

Did you abscond them from your son?

Tap, I saw him last summer, but that was the first time in years. Talk to him once in a while and still keep in touch via social media. AJ is a monster. Sure like to see him at Iowa because he will be a stud AND has two little brothers.

Tap, I saw him last summer, but that was the first time in years. Talk to him once in a while and still keep in touch via social media. AJ is a monster. Sure like to see him at Iowa because he will be a stud AND has two little brothers.

sorry this is off topic, but you are a mod? honestly didn't know there where any mods on here anymore.

sorry this is off topic, but you are a mod? honestly didn't know there where any mods on here anymore.

There's a whole squad.

introbluesky.jpg

Latest posts