AJ Blazek

IH8CY

I hadn't seen this posted yet. My apologizes if I missed it.
Former Hawkeye AJ Blazek was named Assistant Coach of the Year. It's good to see he is having a successful coaching career. I would really like to see him back in the Black and Gold one day. If I remember correctly he was a candidate for the Offensive Line coach.
Here is the link. NSIC - WSU's Blazek Named AFCA Assistant Coach of the Year

Former Hawkeye AJ Blazek was named Assistant Coach of the Year. It's good to see he is having a successful coaching career. I would really like to see him back in the Black and Gold one day. If I remember correctly he was a candidate for the Offensive Line coach.

paying his dues like most successful coaches do...unlike the favorite son of our $1mil/win coach who was placed with the most successful NFL franchise over the last decade or so---what money entitles one to do, does not entitle to the other who may be the better coach. Money over talent at Iowa.

paying his dues like most successful coaches do...unlike the favorite son of our $1mil/win coach who was placed with the most successful NFL franchise over the last decade or so---what money entitles one to do, does not entitle to the other who may be the better coach. Money over talent at Iowa.

The jury is out on Brian Ferentz's performance this year. A new OC and a bunch of injuries with your players makes it hard to judge.

One thing I know is that "nepotism" runs rampant every where... often because that individual often can be the best choice. Life isn't fair kirby and neither was your post.

Give it a chance and the $1 million per win is the low blow too.

Yeah, because Bill Belicek just keeps people on the staff as a favor to friends. It is amazing that the irrational hatred for KF is now being projected on our first year OL coach.

Give it a rest!

I certainly don't think we should throw Brian Ferentz under the bus. He's going to prove to be a valuable high. Personally I thought the offensive line was making strides up until the Penn State game when we lost both Scherff and Donnal during the same series. You certainly can't blame Brian Ferentz for that.

I haven't seen too many people coming down on Brian. I'd say he's one of the few worth keeping....hell I'd say get rid of his Dad, but keep Brian.

Rumors from the football complex in recent weeks indicate that Brian and Kirk have some serious disagreements on how things are being run.

One thing I know is that "nepotism" runs rampant every where... often because that individual often can be the best choice.

Strongly disagree with this view, and not because of Brian. In general, unless it is a family owned, multi-generational company where the person grows up in the company, nepotism is done as a favor and not based on most qualified person.

I'm happy for AJ and for most former Iowa coaches who are having success. I would just like to see them have it before they become "former" coaches.

I have an idea: Lets take every thread on this message board and turn it into a bash on one of the football coaches!

I am holding judgement on Brian for another season due to injuries. One thing I like if it is true is if he has a much more aggressive mindset. We sorely need aggressive thinking, accountability and physicality in our program.

Something items that are troubling is how did Blythe beat out Donnell and Bofelli who are vastly better than him. In fact Blythe is a really, really bad blocker and is responsible for a large number of breakdowns on the line this season. Another issue is we continue to recruit o-lineman under 6'4" which is a huge mistake. One of the hidden issues with our offense is the undersized o lineman we play especially at the guard and center positions. This causes breakdowns which stall drives and prevent us from dominating the line of scrimmage play in, play out. See Wisconsin, Stanford, Alabama, UCLA, etc. for programs who win with a simple rushing attack powered by a massive and physical line. So to convince me he is for real show me this kind of o-line and play with an attitude. Then I am a believer and I would bet money we move the ball and score points.

Latest posts