After all it’s just a game

I think that so much of that is just for attention or because they see others do that on TV. Just want people to feel sorry for them. I know they have a lot invested, but a big thing for them is to be able to keep their composure no matter the circumstance...and then they flop to the floor. I've lost many big games in heart-breaking fashion in HS, college, and in 27 years of coaching, and never flopped to the ground and don't remember anyone on either side doing that. It's a new thing. Celebrations come and go as well. I've seen lots of tears shed, that's a real, natural emotion. Not flopping to the floor. They just look like idiots and now I've seen HS and JH kids doing it when they lose by 20, because they see it on TV. I actually lay into kids about that (the next day) because they need to be able to take the highs and lows in life in stride. Never too high, never too low.

Thanks for pointing that out. A huge pet peeve of mine.

I think that so much of that is just for attention or because they see others do that on TV. Just want people to feel sorry for them. I know they have a lot invested, but a big thing for them is to be able to keep their composure no matter the circumstance...and then they flop to the floor. I've lost many big games in heart-breaking fashion in HS, college, and in 27 years of coaching, and never flopped to the ground and don't remember anyone on either side doing that. It's a new thing. Celebrations come and go as well. I've seen lots of tears shed, that's a real, natural emotion. Not flopping to the floor. They just look like idiots and now I've seen HS and JH kids doing it when they lose by 20, because they see it on TV. I actually lay into kids about that (the next day) because they need to be able to take the highs and lows in life in stride. Never too high, never too low.

Thanks for pointing that out. A huge pet peeve of mine.

How do you feel about bench guys or cheerleaders crying? :) This is from 1981 ...

There's nothing finer than watching a team hitting a shot late and watching them celebrate only to see the other team hit a buzzer beater and watch the dagger rip their hearts out. Priceless watching the emotional roller coaster. With our recent run I'm sure we're due sooner than later, but damn it's still fun to watch.

Adam Morrison comes to mind for me.

CautiousEmbellishedInsect-size_restricted.gif