“Iowa just doesn’t have quite the appeal we’re used to.â€￾

the thing that iowa has to it's advantage is the mental aspect of this game. no doubt iowa wants it more than lsu. you can start with the b10/sec bias, and end it with quotes like the one you just posted. will iowa win? who knows, but it is nice to have an advantage like this in these games.

Oh yes...LSU will get hit in the mouth...several times. They better come to play physical. It will be interesting to see if they prepare for what they are going to get. I love this match up.

I think this is going to be a great matchup.its going to be Iowas power game against Lsu team speed. Hopefully it will be a close gm

So, he doesn't feel that Iowa is Bushwood material?
Look at Gator fan no showing up at the Sugar Bowl last year, because they felt it was beneath them and Louisville wasn't a "sexy" opponent.
Been to multiple bowls and Outback is still the best overall experience. What's not to like about the beach, Ybor City and tens of thousands of Iowa fans storming into Tampa?!

This attitude SEC schools have is not surprising, but they are right Iowa is not a sexy opponent. An SEC school does not have much to win beating a team like Iowa and everything to lose. If LSU wins it will because they are supposed to win, if Iowa wins it will be featured on their beloved ESPN as an upset with a little Big Ten school beating the mighty SEC.

This attitude SEC schools have is not surprising, but they are right Iowa is not a sexy opponent. An SEC school does not have much to win beating a team like Iowa and everything to lose. If LSU wins it will because they are supposed to win, if Iowa wins it will be featured on their beloved ESPN as an upset with a little Big Ten school beating the mighty SEC.

If Iowa wins, it will be all about Mettenberger not playing.
I remember watching the 1996 Alamo Bowl, and with Iowa winning 27-0 in the 4th quarter, Mike Gottfried, said the difference in the game was penalties, and I was like, "what?"
ESPN has a financial interest in the SEC doing well, and, to me, this should be more of an NCAA violation, than a player receiving free tattoos.

If Iowa wins, it will be all about Mettenberger not playing.
I remember watching the 1996 Alamo Bowl, and with Iowa winning 27-0 in the 4th quarter, Mike Gottfried, said the difference in the game was penalties, and I was like, "what?"
ESPN has a financial interest in the SEC doing well, and, to me, this should be more of an NCAA violation, than a player receiving free tattoos.

Oh I am sure they will make plenty of excuses. But if Iowa wins I will not care to much as I will be to busy celebrating the victory. All of the excuses LSU fans make and ESPN will just be gravy.

"the distance of the bowl game may be too far away for some fans"

I think that was my favorite quote. Sweet fans, LSU.

It's fun to get out of Iowa in the winter time! Louisiana not so much different. This is sweet for the Iowa players. After last year they came back and worked hard and turned it around.

Les Miles always reminds me of Gene Hackman. I just can't shake it.

gnhckmn.jpg

images

images

I would much rather live in iowa (and have), than live in that arm pit state LA. What a poor hell hole.

I would much rather live in iowa (and have), than live in that arm pit state LA. What a poor hell hole.

I've been there many times and found it to be full of poverty and ignorance and in NOLA you can add decadence. Good food and if you like Jazz that's good too but I always think of plenty of other places I'd rather go. Getting drunk in the french quarter? been there done that. Once was enough.

The Big Ten teams are definitely at a disadvantage playing the bowls in warm weather sites down south, but this might be the whole positive part of this equation. These SEC fans do not go to the bowl games unless they are BCS bowls or better. Even Bama fans were complaining about the Tide being boring this year as they slaughtered their opposition. In the SEC, just winning is not enough anymore...now they need to win a National title or their season is a disaster.....call it arrogance, call it hubris, whatever...but it is taking the joy out of college football for them, clearly, and that is a shame.

SEC team definitely have an advantage playing in warm weather for Bowls. I would love to see LSU come and play in the open air of Kinnick Stadium when it's 15 degrees and a wind chill near 0.

It'll never happen, but one can dream.

Latest posts