Ads auto opening App Store

punter

I have been noticing this intermittently, but it seems to be happening with more regularity. When visiting the forum on my iPhone the App Store will automatically open to an app page. The most recent example and the one that caused this post was: "Kim Kardashian:Hollywood" or some equally derivative crap. Can something be done with the ad networks to disallow this kind of popup (popup originally auto corrected to polyp which was also appropriate)? Obviously I understand the need for advertising revenue to support the site, but this is quite annoying.

Send Miller your address and he'll be sure to be sure to give you a full refund.

I kid I kid... Seriously tho, I'm interested if there is a fix for this as well.

Thank you, I don't like those.'

We have added several more ads for this time of year, as the 4Q is when ad networks pay out the most revenues...come Jan 1, it tanks and we'll pull it back

Sorry to be a bother... is there any fix for having the auto redirect to the app store, or do we just have to wait it out until the end of the 4th quarter? It's making browsing on my phone pretty much impossible.

Thank you, I don't like those.'

We have added several more ads for this time of year, as the 4Q is when ad networks pay out the most revenues...come Jan 1, it tanks and we'll pull it back

So this is on purpose? I've experienced this as well, it's not ads. It takes you away from the site and when it starts happening it makes viewing the site impossible.

Latest posts