Adrian Clayborn

thejumper5

John Lynch on FOX just said of Clayborn:

"He plays harder snap to snap than any player in this league. I promise you."

Too bad he didn't last year, good to see he's representing for Bucs

Helps when you HEALTHY!!! Also do we need to mention this over and over. Iowa does a very poor job of ROTATING players. Hey it doesn't hurt to keep players fresh by giving them a breathier once in awhile. Oh guess what it also gives inexperienced players experience.

Wow someone is dissing on clayborn's play last year. He was constantly double teamed and chipped by running backs. I thought his motor was going about as fast as he could most times last year.

the whole "he was double-teamed" argument is and was a myth. For whatever reason he was not the same player as a senior he was as a junior. He took A LOT of plays off.

Hey it doesn't hurt to keep players fresh by giving them a breathier once in awhile. Oh guess what it also gives inexperienced players experience.

Couldn't agree more. I don't know how many times I have gotten PO'd b/c this staff seems to think tired starters are better than fresh backups. What the hell does that say about the backup if the starter ever goes down with an injury.

the whole "he was double-teamed" argument is and was a myth. For whatever reason he was not the same player as a senior he was as a junior. He took A LOT of plays off.

He played through an injury all of last season. Remember reading about it after the NFL draft. He toughed it out. Good for him.

The other issue was the scheme held him back personally a bit. He didn't have AJ and Angerer at LB as a senior to clean up messes. With our inexperience at LB his senior year he was forced into a contain roll often

I think what I noticed first about Clayborn and how it makes a huge difference is one word. Rotation. He goes as hard as he can and then goes out for a play or 2. We didn't have the depth for him to do that last year. Now that he can go full speed every play, you won't see him "taking plays off". I noticed it alot last year and he was clearly gassed. Also doesn't help when your offense doesn't convert 3rd downs and stay on the field. (kok reference:-0)

What a great transition from Adrian Clayborn to KOK not being able to direct the offense to move the chains consistently. But I do agree, the Iowa offense sputters more often than not, looks disjointed, and has a terrible 3rd down efficiency percentage.

uhhh wtf? He was double teamed last year. Penn State even triple teamed him at times during the game. He definitely did not go 1 on 1 ALL year long. Running backs would also take a shot at him before they went out on routes. Wisconsin's FB took an extremely dangerous/dirty shot at his knees and he was taking chippy shots all season.

If you honestly think teams didn't scheme around Clayborn you are crazy. He looked TIRED at times, because he was... but he didn't just sleep-walk through the season by any means.

I think we are finding out how good Clayborn and the rest of last year's senior DLine really was. Clayborn's sack on Matt Ryan was sick.

uhhh wtf? He was double teamed last year. Penn State even triple teamed him at times during the game. He definitely did not go 1 on 1 ALL year long. Running backs would also take a shot at him before they went out on routes. Wisconsin's FB took an extremely dangerous/dirty shot at his knees and he was taking chippy shots all season.

If you honestly think teams didn't scheme around Clayborn you are crazy. He looked TIRED at times, because he was... but he didn't just sleep-walk through the season by any means.

Triple teamed. Lol.

You are crazy if you think he played with high motor often last year and even crazier if you dont think he took lots of plays off.

You either didn't actually watch the games last season or were too drunk to now remember correctly.

Latest posts