Adam Woodbury

battleofthebow

13 points and 10 boards. Held Haas and Hammons to 11 combined points. Love the toughness inside by Woody. Very happy for him this season. Woody, Gessell and Clemmons was such a solid recruiting class for a down program. I have enjoyed watching this group and will always be thankful as an Iowa fan they chose to come here over other offers.

I remember when Woodbury & Gesell committed. Those two have gotten a lot of message board grief at times, but am glad they are Hawkeyes, and those two were really the start of getting this program back on its feet.

Nice game by Woody today. He'll never be a big scorer, but I'll take a double double from the big fella any day.

With the size Purdue had, the game changed when Woody was off the floor. Uhl played well, but Woody clogged the middle on the defensive end.

So old school. I love his little bit dirty, physical attitude (I'd hate him so much if he wasn't on our team. But he is so I love him) If he's a letdown as a 4 star recruit I can handle it (2 double, doubles in a row) If they go to a final 4 a lot of that will be because of Woodbury.

With Woody having double-doubles the last two games I noticed that the "Woody sucks!" crew in the game thread has moved on to "Gessell sucks!".

With Woody having double-doubles the last two games I noticed that the "Woody sucks!" crew in the game thread has moved on to "Gessell sucks!".
Gesell sucks???

Gesell and Sappy need to take FT lessons from Woody. Other than that, the team is playing great.

Gesell far from sucks but is inconsistant. On the other hand, in his bad games he's doing plenty to help the team. he's also hurt.

Gesell sucks???

Gesell and Sappy need to take FT lessons from Woody. Other than that, the team is playing great.

I find it interesting that I'm strangely comfortable when Woody goes to the FT line now. Night and day difference to a couple years ago.

Last edited:
This thread is so "Wild Bull Pumfus"! One play he made diving for loose ball and in progress teach Purdue not to mess with Woody!

I find it interesting that I'm strangely comfortable when Woody goes to the FT line now. Night and day difference to a couple years ago.

he may be our best free throw shooter. I feel comfortable when him, Jok or Uthoff go to the line. Crazy how much he's improved.

A few Hawk fans have dogged on Woody since he committed. He has busted his tail off for the program and has come a long ways defensively. He will be sorely missed next season.

Last edited:
A few Hawk fans have dogged on Woody since he committed. He has busted his tail off for the program and has a long ways defensively. He will be sorely missed next season.

Yeah, I don't get it. He's not the scorer I think most of us hoped he would be, but he's a solid player and your last point is spot on.

He still struggles to catch passes that come into the post. He'll never be a big threat on offense. His D and attitude are his biggest strength.

I think a lot of people expected him to come in right away and be a 15/10 guy with a couple of blocks per game. That's just not his game, but he provides a lot of value down low. I've been impressed with him this season. Hopefully Gesell has just been dinged up these past two games because he hasn't looked like himself. I really hope Fran has him shoot like 1,000 free throws in practice this week.

Listened to Woody in the post game and he's a guy that knows and understands his role.

He wants to help create shots for guys like Uthoff and Jok, rebound, convert around the rim and make free throws when he gets to the line.

He knows he's not a scorer and never will be and he doesn't have to be.

Listened to Woody in the post game and he's a guy that knows and understands his role.

He wants to help create shots for guys like Uthoff and Jok, rebound, convert around the rim and make free throws when he gets to the line.

He knows he's not a scorer and never will be and he doesn't have to be.

He recognized this a long time ago....I am not going to give him kudos or pat on him back, he found a role, found a niche, good for him. He is a senior, it is what you expect find a role and contribute.