Adam Robinson

swhawk

I remember reading a post here last week saying if KF didnt pull the red shirt off Rogers before the OSU game, that it meant A Rob should be avaliable for that game (OSU). Meaning his injury is'nt as bad as once thought. Do any of you guys think this theory still holds water.??

Yes, from the brief shots of him on the sideline moving behind the bench with dressed players, he looked very "healthy" showing no "hitch in his giddy-up". Hope his recovery is much faster than earlier announced. Wegher did great as go-to back but am sure he would have appreciated other RB taking some series and carries after the Paki experiment didn't work very good against Indiana.

Yes, from the brief shots of him on the sideline moving behind the bench with dressed players, he looked very "healthy" showing no "hitch in his giddy-up". Hope his recovery is much faster than earlier announced. Wegher did great as go-to back but am sure he would have appreciated other RB taking some series and carries after the Paki experiment didn't work very good against Indiana.

I would love to see Robinson out there as much as the next guy, so don't go the wrong way with this one, but I wouldn't go as far as to say the Paki experiment "didn't work." 2 carries for 2 yards and a nice RAC on the screen for 14 yards and a first down. Didn't get to watch the game, had to listen to Gary and Eddie, so I didn't get to see any pass pro or anything, but i'm not sure what kind of stats you were looking for from a guy that touched the ball three times. He had a role, like almost every other guy on the team had, and i guarantee you his wasn't to carry the offense with only 3 touches. He spelled wegher when he had too, made a play when asked, and held on to the football. I'd say he did his job. Wegher I think showed he can carry a load, and he ran well in the 4th (and the o-line blocked great) when indiana knew we were running the clock out. I'd say our running game looked the same on saturday that is had the previous weeks before. Like i said, didn't get to WATCH the game, and would love to get robinson back cause he deserves the carries and to be a part of this final stretch, but like the way we filled the gap.

That was my 'theory'. It was based on Kirk saying that they dressed Brad for MSU and told him to be ready, and that Kirk said Tony's ankle was worse than Adam's...Tony missed three games. I felt the Rogers/redshirt could be a sort of harbinger for Ohio State. May prove out to be wrong.

I think Paki did a very nice job on Sat. Yeah the 2 carries he had we for nothing but he made a nice catch and run at a time in the game when we still needed first downs and points. He's not a super star back but I think he did a nice job when his number was called this week.

Paki did what he was asked to do, but it takes too long for him to hit the hole. He is not a Big Ten running back, but he is a great teammate and good contributor on special teams.

Paki did what he was asked to do, but it takes too long for him to hit the hole. He is not a Big Ten running back, but he is a great teammate and good contributor on special teams.

After seeing the game saturday play out, is there anyone who still thinks rogers should get carries against NW, assuming wegher and O'meara are fine? IMO, let him keep the redshirt, we'll be fine.

I think Paki did a very nice job on Sat. Yeah the 2 carries he had we for nothing but he made a nice catch and run at a time in the game when we still needed first downs and points. He's not a super star back but I think he did a nice job when his number was called this week.

He was the offensive star of the first half. Because of those yards after the catch alone. That was about the only bright event in that first half.

We need to do whatever gives us the best chance to beat OSU and NW period. I don't know what player wouldn't give up a redshirt to have a chance to win a shot at the NC game.

Yep. He's a special teams player, not a running back. When he plays running back, the holes are closing by the time he hits them.

Here's hoping that Wegher and Paki can get us through this next game with Northwestern and that A-Rob is ready to go by the Ohio St. game. Thus we don't have to burn the redshirt for Rogers. I personnaly think that if this wasn't the case that he would have seen some snaps this past weekend instead of waiting and throwing him in cold against OSU at the 'shoe.

Latest posts