About that final, desperation play vs. NIU

Ya know, that was set up pretty well. If the initial pass down the sideline had been to Powell, I think he's even money to take it in for the game-winning TD. Think about it. All Powell had to do was keep flying down the sideline for about 50 yards. And because of the way NIU was spread across the field, it easily could have come down to Powell out-running a man or two, juking one or two, and it's a miracle, game-winning TD. At least I'd have liked to have seen what happened.

Trying to tackle someone like Powell one-on-one in the open field like that is a nightmare for anyone. So again, I liked the way Iowa went about that last play, I just wish they'd have thrown the pass to their fastest, most elusive player. I believe Powell down the sideline and juking in the open field would have been a better shot than the rugby play.

Ya know, that was set up pretty well. If the initial pass down the sideline had been to Powell, I think he's even money to take it in for the game-winning TD. Think about it. All Powell had to do was keep flying down the sideline for about 50 yards. And because of the way NIU was spread across the field, it easily could have come down to Powell out-running a man or two, juking one or two, and it's a miracle, game-winning TD. At least I'd have liked to have seen what happened.

Trying to tackle someone like Powell one-on-one in the open field like that is a nightmare for anyone. So again, I liked the way Iowa went about that last play, I just wish they'd have thrown the pass to their fastest, most elusive player. I believe Powell down the sideline and juking in the open field would have been a better shot than the rugby play.

they should have brought back dallas clark and ran that play that went 95 yards for 6.

It was executed much better then the last time they tried it or at least it appeared that way from where I was sitting.

NIU had 8 guys back there about 40-60 yards from the ball. Let's assume Powell sprinting down the sideline...so he's got no blocking. You think he's going to go one-on-eight and juke/run past all 8 of those guys for the score?

NIU had 8 guys back there about 40-60 yards from the ball. Let's assume Powell sprinting down the sideline...so he's got no blocking. You think he's going to go one-on-eight and juke/run past all 8 of those guys for the score?

don't feed the troll. he very hungry.

There was a point when Rudock had the ball that Powell was behind him. If he woul of lateralled to Powell and became a blocker we may have had a shot.

Huh?

That play--every time we (have to) run it--absolutely su@&$.

It ends up with each guy that has the ball either has to FIND someone to pitch it to, or he has three choices, and they are all bunched together.

That type of play needs to be an immediate hook-and-ladder to change direction/flow on the D.

Huh?

That play--every time we (have to) run it--absolutely su@&$.

It ends up with each guy that has the ball either has to FIND someone to pitch it to, or he has three choices, and they are all bunched together.

That type of play needs to be an immediate hook-and-ladder to change direction/flow on the D.

We can't even stop fake punts you think were gonna figure out how to run a hook and ladder?

Did powell drink of the same golden elixir that Carl Davis found that transformed him into a demi-god capable of pulling off what this topic describes?

Latest posts