About Stanford

NCHawker

Iowa and Stanford have never played.

CVkdA7QUkAALIxL.jpg:large

Winsipida - compare programs' history

http://www.winsipedia.com/iowa/vs/stanford

watched their game against USC earlier in the day. McCaffery is for real. He's how Tim Dwight should have been used at Iowa back in the day.

watched their game against USC earlier in the day. McCaffery is for real. He's how Tim Dwight should have been used at Iowa back in the day.
Tim Dwight was a talent that was not fully utilized at Iowa. Even worse, at the time we also had Tavian Banks. These two on the same team but not fully utilized for so long is one of the biggest squandered opportunities in the history of Iowa football. Hayden's loyalty to his upperclassmen held the whole program back IMO. Shaw? God love him. Great player but Dwight and Banks should have been in the mix from the get go.

Stanford will be a unique challenge. I watch them quite a bit simply because I like the way they play and are coached, they remind me a a very good B1G team. Hogan is a gamer, can both run and throw, and they play hard nosed. McCaffrey is legit from multiple positions.

Gotta win the trenches against them.

We will be the best defense they've seen this year.

Iowa's offense needs to show up. If they don't, the D will be on the field for a long time and the 4th quarter will be a blow-out.

This team could not establish the run game against Maryland, Nebraska or Michigan State. Can't count on 1 play lightning bolt like Purdue or Nebraska games.

Iowa will need to drive the field and score. Let the D rest. A good Rose Bowl will be a quick rose bowl. About 8 posesesions each

Its just that simple.

Bunch of nerds. Last time we played nerds we won by 30. Those nerds beat these nerds.

Yep. However, can the Iowa O exploit it? If Canzeri can't go and LD can't find his mojo then I am leaning no.

CJ's arm and our WR's and TE's can. I said before the B1G game that we wouldn't win another game this season using a run heavy ball-control offense; that we need to let CJ's arm do our talking. I still believe that. We can pass it 40 times and score 40+. We will need it.

The Stanford that lost to Northwestern in September is not the Stanford that the Hawks will be playing. They're a very good team, and similar to the Hawks in many ways. In addition to a very experienced QB who shredded the PAC-12 last year, they have McCaffery. Stanford plays a style most similar to what we saw in MSU, Wisconsin and Northwestern. They curb-stomped several teams. Ferentz can't take them lightly, and I'm sure he won't.

Tim Dwight was a talent that was not fully utilized at Iowa. Even worse, at the time we also had Tavian Banks. These two on the same team but not fully utilized for so long is one of the biggest squandered opportunities in the history of Iowa football. Hayden's loyalty to his upperclassmen held the whole program back IMO. Shaw? God love him. Great player but Dwight and Banks should have been in the mix from the get go.

<<Shaw? God love him?>>

Huh? The leading ground-gainer in Iowa history. And NOT by a small margin. The guy was one of the best--of least-mentioned--RBs in th Fry-Ferentz Era.

CJ's arm and our WR's and TE's can. I said before the B1G game that we wouldn't win another game this season using a run heavy ball-control offense; that we need to let CJ's arm do our talking. I still believe that. We can pass it 40 times and score 40+. We will need it.

Agree 100%. Competition level has raised to a point wherever need to ste up the run by passing effectively,which I think we can.

Latest posts