ABC Coverage Map for Iowa-Nebraska

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
abc-map-nu-osu-2010-612x518.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting how the entire state of Nebraska doesn't get the Nebraska game and that the entire state of Iowa doesn't get the Iowa game.

Interesting how the entire state of Nebraska doesn't get the Nebraska game and that the entire state of Iowa doesn't get the Iowa game.

Next year, it will be interesting to see how they do the maps. I suspect the Dakota's will go B10 game too...

Agreed. The Big 12 or whatever they call it will have a smaller football TV audience for over the air ABC broadcasts next year.

Next year, it will be interesting to see how they do the maps. I suspect the Dakota's will go B10 game too...

I agree...I can't see them getting worked up to see Kansas vs Kansas State if Iowa or Nebraska is playing another ranked team...then again, I can't explain why we have to watch the Bears take on another crappy team on FOX17 when the Vikings may be playing the Packers at the same time, but it seems to happen...

I will be on vacation in San Diego this weekend and was worried that I would not be able to see the game. Glad you posted this. Anyone know any Hawk friendly places to watch the game in SD?

This is solely determined by the affiliate that serves the respective area. The network affiliates that serve the SW part of Iowa are all out of Omaha and therefore carry the Nebraska game. The affiliates that serve the NE part of Nebraska are all out of Sioux City and therefore carry the Iowa game.

I will be on vacation in San Diego this weekend and was worried that I would not be able to see the game. Glad you posted this. Anyone know any Hawk friendly places to watch the game in SD?

I don't know about specific Hawk friendly places but there is a kick *** sports bar in La Jolla.... **** I can't remember it's name. It's one of those places that if you want to watch a girls badminton match out of Cameroon there is a guy in the booth that can find a way to get it on the TV for you.

If you have an account over at the scout site you might want to PM SDBolt, I'm pretty sure he's from SD or lives there currently.

This is solely determined by the affiliate that serves the respective area. The network affiliates that serve the SW part of Iowa are all out of Omaha and therefore carry the Nebraska game. The affiliates that serve the NE part of Nebraska are all out of Sioux City and therefore carry the Iowa game.

Good call DuffMan! Is there any type of military action we can take to "access" those network affiliates across the border? Cuz come on...it's F'n Nebraska! How hard can it be???

Good call DuffMan! Is there any type of military action we can take to "access" those network affiliates across the border? Cuz come on...it's F'n Nebraska! How hard can it be???

Millitarily it would be easy to infiltrate the Omaha area and take over the affiliates. The difficult thing would be to find anyone willing to actually fight over land in Nebraska.:p

Keep in mind Hawks fans, if you are not in the IA/WI shaded area that the game will be televised but on ESPN. It's all good!

Go Hawks!

Yep. Just another one of the many reasons why my life sucks.

I agree...I can't see them getting worked up to see Kansas vs Kansas State if Iowa or Nebraska is playing another ranked team...then again, I can't explain why we have to watch the Bears take on another crappy team on FOX17 when the Vikings may be playing the Packers at the same time, but it seems to happen...

Because DA BEARS are the most popular team in Iowa!!!

Keep in mind Hawks fans, if you are not in the IA/WI shaded area that the game will be televised but on ESPN. It's all good!

Go Hawks!

We've heard this song and dance from ESPN before, only to have ESPNews on or the game blacked out. What's more than likely going to happen is that the game will be on ESPN2 in standard def.