Aaron Fuller

DaHawk56

Reading the gazetteonline.com, it appears that Fran thinks he can convince Aaron to stay. Specifically, one probably wouldn't say "t’s my job to make sure he’s comfortable enough to stay" if one didn't think they could convince the individual to stay.

Gazette: Rumors abound about Aaron Fuller’s possibly transferring. Is he going to leave or stay?

McCaffery: I don’t have anything one way or the other. I will tell you this: I really enjoyed my meeting with him. I need to have more meetings, more discussions with him. He was very open to it. The reason he was very open to it was because he really loves his teammates and that came through loud and clear to me. That’s the thing that impressed me most about him. Yeah, there were some things he didn’t like. But you look at his improvement; he really improved as a player. He loves his teammates and he loves the institution. He loves being at Iowa, so he just has to get comfortable with me. I think that won’t take long. We hit it off right away. Always you wonder about players from elsewhere. Sometimes I remember we had a player years ago who loved everything about home and he just wanted to go home. I don’t get the impression that that’s Aaron Fuller. Yeah, he’s from Phoenix, but he loves it here. It’s my job to make sure he’s comfortable enough to stay.

Iowa?s McCaffery expounds on hiring, recruiting and more | GazetteOnline.com

If he stays this will be the first off season in 4 years where the best player on the team did not leave.

I hope Fuller stays because I think he will be even better with Fran's up tempo style. However, if he is going to leave, I hope he makes his mind up soon so Fran can move on with the scholly.

Funny you should mention that busabus, since UNM would fall under the catagory of "playing closer to home"...:eek:

He was working out with the team today so that looks like a good sign. Cole was on crutches though which isn't a good sign.

He was working out with the team today so that looks like a good sign. Cole was on crutches though which isn't a good sign.

I saw a post about two weeks back that he was to have surgery but haven't been able to confirm if it was to re-scope the same knee or something new and/or worse :(

Hopefully Cole was just having something minor done...like cleaning out some clutter from his previous surgery.

Reading the gazetteonline.com, it appears that Fran thinks he can convince Aaron to stay. Specifically, one probably wouldn't say "t’s my job to make sure he’s comfortable enough to stay" if one didn't think they could convince the individual to stay.

Gazette: Rumors abound about Aaron Fuller’s possibly transferring. Is he going to leave or stay?

McCaffery: I don’t have anything one way or the other. I will tell you this: I really enjoyed my meeting with him. I need to have more meetings, more discussions with him. He was very open to it. The reason he was very open to it was because he really loves his teammates and that came through loud and clear to me. That’s the thing that impressed me most about him. Yeah, there were some things he didn’t like. But you look at his improvement; he really improved as a player. He loves his teammates and he loves the institution. He loves being at Iowa, so he just has to get comfortable with me. I think that won’t take long. We hit it off right away. Always you wonder about players from elsewhere. Sometimes I remember we had a player years ago who loved everything about home and he just wanted to go home. I don’t get the impression that that’s Aaron Fuller. Yeah, he’s from Phoenix, but he loves it here. It’s my job to make sure he’s comfortable enough to stay.

Iowa?s McCaffery expounds on hiring, recruiting and more | GazetteOnline.com

that being said....I have a bad feeling Fuller is GONE.....

"...Yeah, there were some things he didn’t like..."

Sounds like there are some things he still doesn't like. I know if I was an Arizona kid I'd get tired of the Iowa winters in a hurry. Wonder what else might be bugging him?

Um, maybe losing and playing in an empty arena.
The current players have a great opportunity ahead of them. They can be considered the foundation that brings a storied program back to prominence. There is a lot of upside by staying here. I could not say that a month ago but now with a new coach that has shown a track record of turning programs around and winning consistently. I hope Aaron looks at it from that perspective. If he goes to Arizona State or Long Beach State or whereever he will have to reestablish himself. He has already established himself herel. He is the leader of the team. What a great opportunity for him personally. Aaron, take that challenge! You now have a coaching staff that will be supporting you 100%!

Latest posts