A team takes on the personality of their coach

HawkeyeRyno

Banned
Let me say this, I love Kirk and what he has done. With that said, he has to change the personality of this team. Kirk and his staff are conservative, predictible, stubborn and boring. So his team takes on that personality. Teams have this figured out and if Iowa ever wants to an "elite" team and make a national championship or even Rose Bowl again then that attitude needs to change.

Wisconsin just put up 83 points on Indiana - a team we struggled to beat with 18 points - and Bielema didn't care. His team plays with swagger and a "I don't care what you think" attitude much like Bielema is. This is working for them. Same goes for Northwestern.

Yeah, Kirk is pretty much never going to change his ways. Plus he is getting a handsome salary to finish 2nd-4th in the B10. Why change?

Yeah, but what are we as fans going to do? Kirk isn't going to change and he isn't going anywhere anytime soon, not with his fat paycheck and 10 year contract in pocket.

I've noticed KF has become a lot more laid back and a lot less emotional through the years. It just seems like this year we have no spark. AROB seems to lift the team with his hard running but we don't seem to have that emotional leader.

If everyone on that team put forth 1/2 the effort of AROB we'd be a lot better off.

Hate to say it, but maybe the team takes on the personality of its fan base. They have a rough win last week and all of a sudden the fans that they should be playing for are ready to throw them under the bus. We ***** about them not deserving anything, but maybe its us that doesn't deserve it, beings that they're the ones that are actually suiting up and going out on the field week in and week out and were the fanbase sitting behind a keyboard ********.

Makes me sick really.

Right Xerxes. Right.

KF has more B10 titles than any current coach except Tressel and JoePa. He hasn't won a national championship but he has three B10 titles and he doesn't just place 2nd through 4th. So get your facts straight and also don't tell me he only ties for the B10 titles he has because it is still more than anyone else in this conference during the time he has been here. Get your facts straight or go somewhere else.

And here's the coach.....“If you look at the last two games going backwards, we turned it over and they didn’t. Today, they just outplayed us. Two 7-3 teams today and they were the better team today, that’s for sure.â€￾

All I can say there will be alot of seniors leaving everything they got in Kinnick next saturday as long as they do that we will be FINE! We will be in that game and probably win sending them out of Kinnick with style!

I have a feeling Stanzi wants to stick it to OSU before he hangs it up at Iowa!

All I can say there will be alot of seniors leaving everything they got in Kinnick next saturday as long as they do that we will be FINE! We will be in that game and probably win sending them out of Kinnick with style!

I have a feeling Stanzi wants to stick it to OSU before he hangs it up at Iowa!

I thought the same thing going into NW...

Let me say this, I love Kirk and what he has done. With that said, he has to change the personality of this team. Kirk and his staff are conservative, predictible, stubborn and boring. So his team takes on that personality. Teams have this figured out and if Iowa ever wants to an "elite" team and make a national championship or even Rose Bowl again then that attitude needs to change.

Wisconsin just put up 83 points on Indiana - a team we struggled to beat with 18 points - and Bielema didn't care. His team plays with swagger and a "I don't care what you think" attitude much like Bielema is. This is working for them. Same goes for Northwestern.

Bielema had the exact same attitude two years and Wisconsin had a season that was much worse than Iowa's having right now... ranked top-10 in the preseason, they went 7-5. His screaming and badassistude didn't seem to do them much good then.

Iowa has plenty of problems this year. I'd put special teams at the top. Kirk Ferentz's lack of yelling ranks somewhere around the new tailgating rules in terms of effect on this team's performance-- which is to say, not at all.

I'm shocked anytime we beat Ohio State. I think we have only 4 or 5 wins against the Buckeyes in my lifetime and I'm 46 years old.

Hate to say it, but maybe the team takes on the personality of its fan base.

must ridiculous thing I've ever read and here's why

the fans were just about as ****** after the wisconsin loss and next week Iowa played michigan state.......'nuff said

Excuses
Fact of the matter is we just aren't good enough. Mediocre

Dominant D? Philosophy not good enough to stop Arizona, Wisconsin, Indiana and Northwestern when it counted. Dink and dunk all day and we make no adjustments to stop it. Been happening for years
5th year senior QB? Not good enough. Minute left, down 4, lets throw some 3-5 yrd passes?
Offensive (literally) game plan? Not good enough
Can't wait to hear Jon spin us into "Elite" status with some obscure stats and percentages
Go from NC or Rose Bowl to Insight.com bowl.....nice

Latest posts