A mixed bag of Maryland links

This is a great part from the first link:

This year's line is led by 6-foot-5, 320-pound senior left tackle Brandon Scherff, a possible top-10 selection in next year's NFL draft.

"He's the biggest person ever, and he's definitely one of the strongest people ever," Maryland inside linebacker L.A. Goree said.

I can't really get a feel for their fan base because their forums are terrible. The only one they have Is a private pay one. The scout one Is a ghost town

One of the toughest things about teams joining new conferences, is they don't understand the environment and hallmarks of other teams.

I don't think they have any idea what they are about to tangle with. The insinuation that Iowa is a toss up game and a must win because Penn State and MSU are likely losses is funny. Penn State! Despite our challenges and the Hawks would pummel PSU this year....and we know our history with them.

Also, the comparison b/w OSU's DLine and Iowa's is amusing. Bosa is awesome, but Iowa is every bit as salty as OSU is with this unit.

There is a newness for everyone with Maryland and Rutgers, but easier to get a handle on.

Should be a good game, yet they will be surprised when they find out we aren't slow, and more stingy than OSU is on D this year.

This excerpt from link-2 cracked me up--

Kirk Ferentz is one of the most tactically conservative coaches in all of college football, so there's a good chance Maryland will be the beneficiary of a punt from inside the red zone or some other such nonsense.

I can't really get a feel for their fan base because their forums are terrible. The only one they have Is a private pay one. The scout one Is a ghost town

I have two (unrelated to each other) friends who are Maryland grads, both are avid sports fans. Neither hardly cares about their football team this year, both citing that Maryland "sold out" to join the B1G. :rolleyes: WTF?

Latest posts