A few thoughts from last night

Ledermax

Not in order of importance:

1. All gold fan wear would have been more impressive than trying to do the alternating black and gold by section. We out numbered them 3 to 1 but it was less obvious because of the black sprinkled in.

2. We need some more crowd chants. Other team's fans are more organized. I think we have like two maybe three crowd chants.

3. Did we have student section? WTF? The video of the MSU crowd was always student age folks going bonkers then us just hanging out. This was before and during the game. Did the U facilitate students attending the game?

4. Loss of Canzeri was the game. IMO.

5. Were we really going to go for it at 4th and 4 in the 1st half? That seemed too aggressive.

Tough loss.

6. Fox Sports was subpar. Call team was good. Game production was bad.

6. Fox Sports was subpar. Call team was good. Game production was bad.

Yes, production was C minus maybe a D grade. neither team is a hurry up team and they could not or would not show replays. they should be able to queue up quick replays very easily.

And you only have one game to cover that day and all year to plan for it so get more cameras in there and get some from closer vantage points.

a low and high endzone replay of the 2nd long bomb to T Smith was warranted as the play would have made the score 20-9.

Yes, production was C minus maybe a D grade. neither team is a hurry up team and they could not or would not show replays. they should be able to queue up quick replays very easily.

And you only have one game to cover that day and all year to plan for it so get more cameras in there and get some from closer vantage points.

a low and high endzone replay of the 2nd long bomb to T Smith was warranted as the play would have made the score 20-9.

Agree. But let's not forget. It's FOX.

Call team was ok, but Klatt or whatever his name was continually making excuses for why Connor Cook wasn't lighting us up was a little annoying. Give me a break dude, it could be because The Outlaw had him peeing blood from a serious hit. Cook was off the rest of the night, except of course, when he found Burbridge on that drive and even that one had little on it...but it was perfectly placed.

Cook didn't impress me even before the outlaw laid the wood to him.
What could have been!
-Roughing the kicker penalty was huge
-Lomax should have hit Cook on the 4th and 2 play rather than going to the pitch man.
-#49 diving in and just missing the ball on the Scott TD Run...
So impressed with the way the Hawks played. Iowa linebackers aren't very big but they fly to the ball and hit when they get there.
Rose Bowl is next.
GO HAWKS!!

Call team was ok, but Klatt or whatever his name was continually making excuses for why Connor Cook wasn't lighting us up was a little annoying. Give me a break dude, it could be because The Outlaw had him peeing blood from a serious hit. Cook was off the rest of the night, except of course, when he found Burbridge on that drive and even that one had little on it...but it was perfectly placed.

Latest posts