A Few Things...

BrkynHawk

I am sure others have mentioned these things on the board, but I didn't see them. There are a few things that jump out and bother me when watching the Hawks this year.
-When we get the ball with time left (up to 2 minutes) in the first half, we do nothing and waste a possession. With the exception of the ULM game, which can be attributed to the weak opponent or maybe KOK went to the locker room early; we have not been aggressive at all with time and timeouts left in the first half. If we would have scored in the ISU or PSU games, the outcome might have been different.
-Vandy is clearly shaken on the road. Yes, he is a young QB with only a few starts but he needs to be a leader on the field. Other than the Pitt game, I am still not sold on him being the starting qb.
-The offense excels in the hurry up, why did we do away with that at Happy Valley? Why is KF so loyal to KOK? I think it is time for him to go. We have numerous offensive weapons this year but yet we can't score a TD against a Penn State team that barely edged Indiana.

Just a few complaints. I am a diehard Hawkeye and will continue to cheer for the team throughout the season.

I am sure others have mentioned these things on the board, but I didn't see them. There are a few things that jump out and bother me when watching the Hawks this year.
-When we get the ball with time left (up to 2 minutes) in the first half, we do nothing and waste a possession. With the exception of the ULM game, which can be attributed to the weak opponent or maybe KOK went to the locker room early; we have not been aggressive at all with time and timeouts left in the first half. If we would have scored in the ISU or PSU games, the outcome might have been different.
-Vandy is clearly shaken on the road. Yes, he is a young QB with only a few starts but he needs to be a leader on the field. Other than the Pitt game, I am still not sold on him being the starting qb.
-The offense excels in the hurry up, why did we do away with that at Happy Valley? Why is KF so loyal to KOK? I think it is time for him to go. We have numerous offensive weapons this year but yet we can't score a TD against a Penn State team that barely edged Indiana.

Just a few complaints. I am a diehard Hawkeye and will continue to cheer for the team throughout the season.

You dont make any sense. The offense is a part of KF's philosophy, KOK has to stick with that gameplan. If we fire KOK the next offensive coordinator will be running the same schemes, gameplan, etc.

If you dont like the offensive tendencies of the Hawks, you should in fact be calling for KF to be fired.

This board is almost unbearable after a loss.

KOK ran no-huddle craziness at his last job before Kirk. I think the slowdown stuff is all Kirk's doing.

In the coaches defense, it's hard to run no-huddle on the road where communication can be bungled by 100K+ fans and it's hard to run no-huddle when you know your defense desperately needs a blow after getting runover for the last 10 minutes.

I want to add punting from your opponents 33 to the list of complaints though. That was just plain stupid.

No matter what offense philosophy is used, it still needs to be executed correctly to work. These guys were beat early on and you could see it every time they looked (or tried not to) at the camera.
Two weeks and no real game plan. Did they take the two weeks off? There is enough blame for the whole team. Not just Kok or KF.

This is the problem with 90% of the people ******** about the offense and wanting people fired, you have no idea what your talking about.

It isn't up to KOK to sit on it at the end of a half or game, in fact I bet he would want to take shots down the field. It also isn't up to KOK if Iowa is going to run no huddle or not. All this is KF's call to be conservative not KOK.

Latest posts